horse power graphic

Racing go kart bodie application

I have a couple of guys that want new graphics for the racing karts. I was going to use Oracal 651 but I want to make sure it will stick before i say yes to them. i ran across the 3M tape primer 94 can that be used with other products or just 3M.. The bodies are one of the 3 polyethylene, polypropylene, or ABS plastic. What are your comments on this I can switch to 3M or Avery if it will work better but didnt really want to dish out that money for just 2 bodies. Thanks in advance

Greg

You are going to have to clean the bodies with some paint thinner, and after that it will stick just fine, and the bodies you speak of are the Polypropylene, same thing the Rubbermaid trashcans are made out of I do believe so.

Also 651 is a good choice since they will be scraped and torn from "racing incidents" long before time and weather gets them. ;D

I put the thinnest plexi-glass / lexan i can find on the side panels , easier to scrape/remove the tire marks rather than remove & install new decals :) . I have a Tony 125cc shifter kart , a CR250 shifter kart , 2 champ karts with 125 cc MX engines & several KT100 flat karts with some clone engined karts . I have a 1/10th mile dirt banked oval at the WV farm a buddy is trying to open for public racing . 26452 if anybody wants to be involved .