DLA1234

Copyright?

Here's something I've been thinking and it may be stupid but here it goes....are T-Shirt sayings under copyright? I mean if I see a shirt that just has a catchy phrase on it can I reproduce this phrase on a shirt of my own without worry. I know if it is a famous quote that the person needs to be credited and of course if the copyright symbol is present. Not that this has stopped me :rolleyes: but just wondering.

Don

The realistic difference seems to be if you are making them in small quanities for yourself & friends or making them to sell on e-bay , a store front business etc . I would especialy be hesitant to take an order for anything like that . There is business's that are dedicated to finding people violating copyright laws , sueing & settling out of court with the right to do so from the company that owns the copyright ( Dewalt thread in here ) . A saying that comes to mind is " Fools rush in where wise men dare to tread "

I agree with Mr Karma. Anyone had sucess in getting a use licence (or what ever it is called now days) from any of these said companys. I have tried letters to several and still gotten no reply. Better to be safe then sorry