BAC

Cutter still won't cut. I don't know what to do now.

Hello, hopefully someone could help me out. I'm new to cutters, & I can't get this to work.

Windows 7

US Cutter SC model plotter

Inkscape or Vector Magic

Sign Cut Pro

To the best of my knowledge, I have everything installed correctly. When I set up a file in Signcut, it looks good & the preview appears to cut correctly. But when I click cut,... nothing. I DO see the dialogue box that has the "Estimated Time" etc, as if it IS cutting, but it's not. I've imported SVG EPS & PDF files just to see if one would work over another. Nope. I've watched many Youtube tutorials & tried customer service, but I can't get an answer. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you SO much.

I've attached a pic of my cutter settings just for fun.

post-22087-0-63122800-1327865837.jpg

Something like this is happening to me. I cant cut out correctly, but I cannot do an Advanced contourcut, I place the laser over the marks and when I hit Cut out it just does nothing.

Hello.

Here you have an article about an easy way to make sure you have the right communication port set in Signcut. It sounds as it is your problem.

https://getsatisfaction.com/signcut/topics/what_output_device_port_do_i_choose_for_my_cutter

Sometimes it also works if you change the handshake. I don't know what handshake your cutter uses but it is worth trying.

Also make sure you have the right Baud set in Signcut. Look in your cutters display for the right Baud.

Regards,

Therese Löfström