Sign in to follow this  
polert

Best cutter for value? Maintenance?

Hello,

I am new to this, and trying to get educated so what is the best bang for the buck machine that has low maintenance issues, and cost. I am looking at cutting vynal, to make custom art stencil to use on motocycles for myself now, but would like a good machine that will last the test of time. Which do you recommend that I will grow into, and not see limitation.

You are on the right forum -- look around and read everything! Everyone has different onions and they are all different!

I am using the PCut 25 and love it. I have yet to find a job it can't do.

Just remember there is a learning curve. Some people get the hang of it very quickly others it takes them a little while to catch on.

Good luck, and looking forward to seeing some of your work.

I have been around cutters for about 10+ years, using quite a few different brands of machines. For the most part, you can abuse any brand and have it come apart in no time.  I have a small Roland Stika that I use for hobby junk, and it is like 8 years old, still running like a champ. It is slower than a snail on downers, but that's the Stika. I recently purchased an MH721 from US Cutters, and it is as good a cutter as anything else I have used.  It is fast, accurate, easily adjusted and does a good job. What really makes a good cutter good is the driving software. If the software isn't easy enough to use and with enough basic artisitc features, then it doesn't matter which cutter you have...it won't work right.  I know that for the money I spent on the MH721, I definietly got my best deal on a system with software that meets my needs.  After you get the cutter to do what you want, it's all in your ability to apply the vinyl to the surface. (And Lord knows, how I have made a mess of that portion of the job!)