Sign in to follow this  
stewiegriffin

Having trouble with smaller cuts

Hello, hopefully this belongs here, didn't see another forum to put this in. It seems like on smaller cuts ( letters that are around 1 - 2 inches, around the edge/corner of the letters I'm having an issue. The issue is at the very corners, the vinyl is coming up and sticking to the underside of itself ( make sense hopefully ) , I tried to up the pressure and it didn't really seem to work, the blade is sticking enough ( about the thickness of a credit card ) , but still doesn't seem to help the cause. Could the blade be dull, is there a setting that I'm missing in flexi sign, or on the cutter itself ( I have a uscutter24 ) .

Blade out about the thickness of a credit card? It shouldn't even be out half the thickness of a credit card. Blade out way too much.. Take your blade holder out of the machine and in your hand cut FIRMLY across a scrap piece of vinyl, should only cut the vinyl and no mark on the wax paper backing. Adjust blade to get there, You should just barely see the tip of the blade sticking out of the blade holder. Put back in the machine. Then adjust force of your machine to get the test cuts correct. Still should only cut the vinyl and no marking in wax paper backing.

Then also for smaller detailed designs slow the speed of your machine down.

I will also spray my blade and blade holder with a little WD40 to keep it from gettng gummed up. Make sure to let it dry completely before cutting anything.

I put a new blade in while I was at it, and adjusted it, still doing it. While I was weeding a few of these out last night, I noticed that the very edge of the letters really come to a fine point, thats the only spots that its doing it at.

try adjusting your blade offset at .05 + or minus and see if that helps

Ok thanks, I'll try that when I get around to cutting some more stickers, is the offset on the uscutter itself or the program software ?