Sign in to follow this  
hw9

Can someone create a vector from a bitmap?

Hey guys. Great site. I need some help creating a vector file. I've never done it before, and actually have never heard of vector before, and I have a special project I need it for. I have a photo I created, that I want to enlarge to 52" x 86". I found a place that's going to imprint the image on a cloth with 4-Color UV sensitive ink so I can optimize it with blacklight.

I passed them the file in bitmap format, and they say the image gets blurred when enlarged to 52" x 86". They're askin for a vector file. Can someone create one for me from the attached image?

I tried Inkscape. Downloaded it, tried following the directions...but it's very clear I don't know what I'm doing and there's many buttons/settings that I'm not familiar with.

Any help is appreciated. I'm attaching both a jpg and bmp version. I think the jpg looks better (the stairs). I have a high res bmp but I can't upload it due to size restrictions.

thank you very much.

post-21370-0-12154400-1325738674.jpg

the space walkout bmp.bmp

thank you. I can't open it to view it so hopefully the colors and details look the same as the original. I've pass it onto the developers to see if it works, so I'm crossing my fingers!

Thanks mb20music, but the people I passed it to say it's not a vector file. They claim, "Apparently, the file was saved as an .eps, but not as a vector .eps. He must have copied and pasted that bitmap image, a type of flattened file (no ability to color separate), into an .eps document and saved it."

The file was not vector that I started with, so I'm not sure if a true vector file can be created out of what I started with? I took a 224k jpeg, transposed the steps image on it, and then englarged the photo to 2508x1538 11MB bitmap using Microsoft Visio. I obviously can't transfer files over 1MB on this site, so I sent you a smaller version.

i try to vectorize a image and after i did it and was going cut it, it said that it contained bitmap in the sign blazer. So what did i do wrong?