Sign in to follow this  
cutkiller

Bunch of newb questions!

Hi there! i have a bunch of newb questions. Here they are:

1) I wonder what diameter size and thickness of mailing tube i should use to send car graphic decals? They are usually 22" wide x 100" long. Is 1.5" of diameter is enough??

2) How do i use the pen tool instead of a blade for doing some test, and not waste vinyl?

3) In Flexi, what the "pannel" is used for?

4) i would like to make me a big working table, with a surface that i can use to cut. what kind of material i should use? plexiglass?? cutting mat?? Feel free to post a picture of your working place! I wanna see your set up.

Thanks to all in advance!

1. I use a 25x4 inch tube for stuff that size. I don't like rolling graphics too tight.

2.Just put the pen in where the blade is, use some paper and test

3.In Flexi,you can use the panel to cut just part of a job. For instance, If you have a line of text that is 96" long,you can divide it up into sections for cutting. Also,if you adjust the panel to the size of your vinyl, you can see in advance how much of the vinyl it is going to take.

4. I have 2 8 foot folding tables which give me a work surface of 5x8. On top of them I put a cheap piece of plywood. When it gets scarred up, I flip it over. So far, I haven't had to flip in over a year,but it's getting close.

If you use plexiglass or something hard,it will dull your blades very fast.(exacto blades,which I use for trimming,cutting magnets,etc)

You can slso buy a self-healing cutting mat 4x8 for about $100. I might do that some day.

Hey thanks for all those answers!!! Im kinda new in the sign market even if i have my cutter since over a year.. It didnt had a lot of time to use it yet, but i did a couple of graphics as a test. As a graphic designer by profession, i am curently building my sign business web site! Im happy with the curent result, but we always want more!!! you know... thanks for the help!