Guest Finishing Touch

Looking for your opinoin and experience

Guest Finishing Touch

Hi all I am doing a 3' x 6' sign on Di bond and I have to paint it Brown, the customer wants its painted, I have been doing some researching on Krylon and I am thinking it might to much to spray, should I use a gun with auto paint, is there a good paint I can roll or brush but then I might have marks from brush or roller, I need some advice please.

You need to use primer before you paint... if not the bond to the Aluminum may not hold very well. I would use a can or HPLV paint gun.

Lightly scour the surface w/scotch pad or similar I buy at Sherwin Williams then paint with rattle cans that size should not take that much. Make sure that your paint has cured well before applying your vinyl .

Dan

You'll spend about $30 on rattle cans to get a decent finish I'd spray it with a gun... roll it and float it before using spray bombs. Dan is right you'll want to scruff it up to assure a good tooth for the paint to bite onto. Or pick up a good bonding primer. But roll on a heavy coat of paint and float it you'll have a smooth glossy finish.

Guest Finishing Touch

thanks for your help guys

We used vinyl instead of paint it came down to space needed to paint and i found a company where i could buy vinyl by the yrd,

Sign turned out great, i finally figured out how to make reg marks so my outlines turned out perfect, the customer was very happy ( I got a nice tip) and alot more business from the area.

I have a photo of the sign in the gallery Bethel Storage,

My success would not be possible with out everyone on this forum

• Like 1

Trolling posts looking for registration marks help. I'm trying to learn to layer the vinyl -- and well... came across this post due to "reg marks" in above post. And wanted to say it is very true -- I'd be lost without this forum. These people are awesome! :) Thanks.

Hey MrsNewBieVinyl

I just wanna say you're pretty, and registration marks exist outside your current frame of reference. Just think of one frame larger, and a bit more material, no matter what the cost.