torquen

Please help walk me though my install "new cutter"

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the cutting world and just bought a sc631E. The machine came in and I am ready to start using. The package came with a CD that has a "Coral Draw" and "Liyu" driver. Do I need to install these? If so how do I install them off the CD?

I have been using Inkscape to draw in and hopefully signblazer to operate the cutter.

I don't even have a clue where to start. I plugged in the machine and then plugged in the USB cable. Turned on the cutter and my computer screen had a pop up that said installing drivers. Then once the drivers were done it said USB device is now ready to use.

I drew a couple of squares and test in signblazer and tried to cut. Nothing happened. So this is where I come to you all for step by step install. Hopefully I can get this up and running. I wish the cutter came with instructions.

Garrett

Hello everyone. I am brand new to the cutting world and just bought a sc631E. The machine came in and I am ready to start using. The package came with a CD that has a "Coral Draw" and "Liyu" driver. Do I need to install these? If so how do I install them off the CD?

I have been using Inkscape to draw in and hopefully signblazer to operate the cutter.

I don't even have a clue where to start. I plugged in the machine and then plugged in the USB cable. Turned on the cutter and my computer screen had a pop up that said installing drivers. Then once the drivers were done it said USB device is now ready to use.

I drew a couple of squares and test in signblazer and tried to cut. Nothing happened. So this is where I come to you all for step by step install. Hopefully I can get this up and running. I wish the cutter came with instructions.

Garrett

work your way thru this tutorial.. welcome

http://start.uscutter.com/

• Like 1

i followed the link for installing the cutter as a printer, didnt work. i downloaded the file that it gave me if i didnt have the disc, nothing worked. i tried selecting a different cutter from the SB list and none of them find my cutter!! what is wrong!!!!!!! i hate windows 7.

if i plug my cutter into my older pc it finds my cutter and is ready to use in about 5 seconds. but that is a backup machine.

i use SB for cutting, and a refine eco mh-341 cutter.

Edited by gomer

i followed the link for installing the cutter as a printer, didnt work. i downloaded the file that it gave me if i didnt have the disc, nothing worked. i tried selecting a different cutter from the SB list and none of them find my cutter!! what is wrong!!!!!!! i hate windows 7.

if i plug my cutter into my older pc it finds my cutter and is ready to use in about 5 seconds. but that is a backup machine.

i use SB for cutting, and a refine eco mh-341 cutter.

I don't upgrade my computers. I use a Toshiba XP laptop as my dedicated computer,,with my vinyl cutter. with an XP backup (purchased USED)...and I run a business on mine. You don't need a new powerful computer to run a vinyl cutter. There are many great deals on EBAY for used XP machines. Some even with serial ports.

i didn't have a choice, my old laptop has a permanent blue screen. and its cheaper to buy a new one then fix old ones. but i have an old desktop that i cut from. i really want to get my new laptop working with the cutter though. just in case the desk top dies, i screwed.