Sign in to follow this  
carguy

Tops of letter cut off

I am new at this and am practicing for my own use. I am using SignBlazer with a PCut CTN630. The font is Ariel bold rounded,  The top of the O, C R and such have a cut just below the curve resulting flat top letters.  I also have problems with the dot on the small i. They seem to com off easily.  Any suggestions?  Thanks :thumbsup:

dots, periods, comma's are always going to be a problem.  They just don't have enough surface area to stick to the backing paper very well.  As for the flat top letters, might be your blade offset setting.  I don't use sign blazer so I can't tell you where that setting might be or what the proper setting should be but I bet if you look through the signblazer section here you will find something.

Check your work area screen. If you have part of your layout sticking out of it, you may lose it.

Then when it weeds, zip, there go part of your letters.

Also make sure your settings have "cut small parts first.

If nothing else, use less pressure and see if that helps.

Outside of the SignBlazer workspace area is a virtual clipboard.

This is invaluable when re-cutting a job for a client.

Often they only want part of the jog or design.

So store the rest outside the workspace area.

Then cut the bits the client wants.

You can send me the file if you wish and i will look at it.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

make sure you vinyl is feeding straight i had this problem cutting some decals for my offroad website and the vinyl was drifting and i didn't notice the first one cut good the second wasn't bad but the next 3 when it cutting the weeding frame around it. It cut through the top of some of the letters

Thanks All - The cutter is properly cutting the tops of the letters but there is also a cut just a fraction of an inch below the curvature making weeding difficult.

Maybe try turning off the "Weed All" after selecting cutter....  I did that and seem to get better results.

GL