Sign in to follow this  
Tim1137

Help with some basic cutting problems

So ill start with my setup. I use an MH721 USCutter. I use Corel Draw and Flexi 8.1.

If I take text and try and cut it out, sometimes the cutter will not cut all the way to the corner or end, and itll leave it a little short. It happens especially with "o"s.

here is a picture I made on MS Paint of what happens. I am cutting at the default speed and pressure on the cutter which is 24/sec. and 100.

notice the breaks in the O, and on some othe letters, sometimes corners dont get completely cut like this "L" I drew

123.jpg

So ill start with my setup. I use an MH721 USCutter. I use Corel Draw and Flexi 8.1.

If I take text and try and cut it out, sometimes the cutter will not cut all the way to the corner or end, and itll leave it a little short. It happens especially with "o"s.

here is a picture I made on MS Paint of what happens. I am cutting at the default speed and pressure on the cutter which is 24/sec. and 100.

notice the breaks in the O, and on some othe letters, sometimes corners dont get completely cut like this "L" I drew

123.jpg

In Flexi...in the settings, check 'overcut' and adjust til you get it right. Mine is set to 0.100

Where exactly is the overcut option? I'm using flexi 8.1

I tried searching the Internet and looks like people say its in the "cut/plot" under advanced. I don't even see any of that. I see cut/plot under "file" but when I select it it just gives me some screen asking what production manager I want to use. Then I get error messages and the whole program closes!?

I went right into production manager (also v8.1) and theres nothing under any tab that says "cut/plot" or advanced, or anything that says overcut anywhere?!?

Tim: I am using VE Lxi 8.1 which is a flexi program, If you select a file to cut and go to your cut/plot screen, the one that shows where it will be placed on the vinyl, you should have some tabs at the top. General, Panel, Options, Advanced. select the Advanced tab and look down about half way down the page you should have "overcut and there should be a box to set the size with, little up and down arrows", this is wher you will set the amount of overcut. hope this helps if not let me know. Rick

OK so im still not seeing where the overcut feature is.

Heres a picture of my screen using Flexi V8.1

flexipics001.jpg

Now some people say to go to the cut/plot area. well I have a section at the top that says "cut/plot" So I click that and I get this message

flexipics002.jpg

So I follow the prompt, to select a program on my computer to cut the vinyl ( production manager V8.1)

And I get this message and immediately after Flexi shuts down

flexipics003.jpg

Others have said the Overcut feature is inside the production manager, under the 'advanced" tab. Well heres my Flexi V8.1 production manager screen, and there is definetely no "advanced" tab

flexipics004.jpg

so what the hell? lol

I think my issue may be im not cutting "using" flexi sign program? I have to open the production manager separately on my desktop to cut?

I am exporting my stuff onto desktop and opening it using production manager. If I click the "cut/plot" button in flexi I get that error message

I don't know how to help you then....you should be cutting from Flexi. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Flexi.

John has given you the correct views that I have on my computer, you will need to be cutting from flexi, then you will get the exact screen shots that John posted. good work John that shows what I was trying to explain. Rick

Tim if you have flexi open and if you look at the top tool bar you will see the seventh icon over from the left, It will be a cutter knife, just to the right of the printer icon, click that to open the cut plot and production manager screens. after they open I minimize the production manager and just use the cut plot screen.