Sign in to follow this  
gogetemgraphix

lol....i have a question about if something can be done

:thumbsup:  ....you might be a redneck if..... you have a graphic you want to cut and you don't have a peice of vinyl long enough for it, but you have 2 peices that will get-r-done.  :D  is there a way to cut only half of the graphic on one peice and then cut the other half on the other peice? 

my theory of one way to do that is make one half one color and the other half a different color.....course that won't work on some of them but what do you think?

:jumping:

thanks

lue anne

use the tile feature to only cut one half at a time. Make a tiny overlap.

I think if you change your material size in cutter setup to what you actually have it will split you job into multiple peices. I would change it to your smallest piece. I tried it in mine and it shows areas labeled 1 to 6 each the size of what I set my material to. I am assuming that once you cut the first one it will allow you to load your next peice of material and go on to number two. Maybe Jerry from SignBlazer can explain better.

i have signcut, i did a test with the dotted line and x the other side out....then i switched and cut the other, to experiment. the only thing is i didn't really line up right when you put the two together. i did a tribal graphic to test on and of 3 lines to connect, only the center one lined up.

thanks

lue anne

I have tried tiling without much success.  I know it is done all the time but I can't ever get the 2 pieces to line up exactly.  I read somewhere that the vinyl stretches a little when you squeegee it out causing problems... then it shrinks when it gets hot causing different problems if the 2 pieces don't shrink at the same rate.

i had those two peices setting on the table and one of them got moved when the cat jumped on it and guess what....it was lined up. there was a difference of 1/4" overlap, which won't look right either.  lol

Tiling will do it and if you use the interactive registration marks you should have great success in aligning the pieces.

Vinyl stretching hmmm, thats a new one but is the vinyl is on tha backer paper it will not stretch and if cut correctly should line up exactly, what we have found it some do not compensate correctly for the overlap but using registation marks will help.

:tyvm:  i have had my cutter going on the second year and i have learned more in the last few months then the whole year before. everything i have done has been reletively easy, now i am trying new things...(to me)...and driving you all crazy. hehe

i have noticed that all the manuals for signcut are technical, are there any that tells us what you can do with signcut?  and what each setting will do.....like the tiling thing?

thanks again for being so patient with me, you guys are GREAT!!!!

lue anne