Ceeybee

Rhinestone Templates using MH Cutter

Has anyone used the MH Cutter to make Rhinestone templates? I have a MH Cutter, inkscape software, corel draw software. I would like to make rhinestone templates for garments. Can someone share their experience or point me in the right direction as to what I need to do this? Specifically, what subtrate/material do I feed in the cutter to make the template? What software programs are used to create the design? Any info would help! Thanks in advance!

You would need the software to design in but you can purchase already design rhinestone patterns, that are in eps format to send to your cutter.

There are several programs you can purchase to design your own, like funtime, winpcsign, corel has one also. The one I like the most is winpcsign, but I also have funtime. They are very similar, in the way they function.

As for materials needed: Template materal Hartco (sand blast material), very sticky backing and sometime oozes and can make it difficult to remove the rhinestones (used by most). Graphtec, I have a couple of sheets, which I have never used, so I cant really say anything about it. A new product out there its called Sticky Flock, now this is the best, but it is expensive compared to the other too, but it is wonderful. Sticky Flock used to only come in sheets but, it is now available in rolls. But, like I said it is expensive.

Mylar tape, is used to remove the rhinestones from template material, and apply to garment.

sqeezers- I find that the very pointy one are difficult to use, so I found a pair that are pointy but not too pointy.

Rhinestones many kinds and sizes which I am sure you are aware of this. There are Chinese cheap, Korean, really good, then there is Swarovski very expensive, and I only use these on special customers who ask for them. Then there is different grades too.

Your cutter should handle any one of the template material.

I hope this helps you. If you need more info just pm me

Thank you so much for the reply!!! I will look into the software and template material you suggested.

In the meantime... do you have any of the designs you created in any of the programs posted? I'd like to see how creative they let you be.

Thanks again!

You would need the software to design in but you can purchase already design rhinestone patterns, that are in eps format to send to your cutter.

There are several programs you can purchase to design your own, like funtime, winpcsign, corel has one also. The one I like the most is winpcsign, but I also have funtime. They are very similar, in the way they function.

As for materials needed: Template materal Hartco (sand blast material), very sticky backing and sometime oozes and can make it difficult to remove the rhinestones (used by most). Graphtec, I have a couple of sheets, which I have never used, so I cant really say anything about it. A new product out there its called Sticky Flock, now this is the best, but it is expensive compared to the other too, but it is wonderful. Sticky Flock used to only come in sheets but, it is now available in rolls. But, like I said it is expensive.

Mylar tape, is used to remove the rhinestones from template material, and apply to garment.

sqeezers- I find that the very pointy one are difficult to use, so I found a pair that are pointy but not too pointy.

Rhinestones many kinds and sizes which I am sure you are aware of this. There are Chinese cheap, Korean, really good, then there is Swarovski very expensive, and I only use these on special customers who ask for them. Then there is different grades too.

Your cutter should handle any one of the template material.

I hope this helps you. If you need more info just pm me

One issue you may have down the road is the MH has a stepper motor. Cutting the Hartco takes some force to cut. Sticky flock is less force but still up there. Its been recommended with these motors to cut twice with less force.

Really want some good info/designs and stuff go the t-shirtforums.com and there is a rhinestone discussion under the heat press forum.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/rhinestone-decoration/

Good Luck

There is an exccelent video on you tube, sorry I don't have the like but search for inkscape - interpolate sub paths - you should find it.

in the mean time try this:

create a design in inkscape

do object to path

cntl <c> (copy to clipboard)

make a circle & cntrl <d> (duplicate)

select both

oject to path

combine

click path effects editor

interpolate sub paths add

repeated

using clipboard

the circle will follow the path of what you paced in the clipboard

set # to number of rhinstone which best follows the design

the video is the best way to go but I hope this helps, good luck.