Sign in to follow this  
Beavis97

Epson 1100

I am thinking of investing in an Epson 1100 and was wondering what kind of ink to use for shirt transfer, sticker and also what is the type of stuff people are using for stickers and shirts and have had good success with... Thanks just trying to get some info on things so i dont get any of the wrong stuff

Shawn

WOW just found the Epson 1100 on sale at Office Max for $99... That is $80 off of there normal price... Might have to head out and grab this before they go back up

WOW just found the Epson 1100 on sale at Office Max for $99... That is $80 off of there normal price... Might have to head out and grab this before they go back up

If you're going to use this for shirts, don't buy one from an office supply store, alot more economical if you get one outfitted with a CIS system, from Cobra Inks.

You can refill the ink yourself and save alot of money that way.

I just bought one from a member here after extensive research.

good Luck! Alan

Oh, and everyone seems to JPSS (Jet Pro Soft Stretch) transfer paper for shirts, so that' what I ordered...

Do a search for "workforce 1100" on the forums and find alot of good info.

good Luck! Alan

I thought I would get the CIS after and put it in..Still some savings.. Are they real hard to install?

Also thanks for the info

I thought I would get the CIS after and put it in..Still some savings.. Are they real hard to install?

Also thanks for the info

I don't know to be honest with you, but have read several people say that it's best to get one with it already installed.

I bought one that's slightly used, so the price was right, but hopefully others will jump in and answer that question for you.

No problem, mine will be here next week, just stating what I'd found in my research on the topic.

Alan

I don't think its hard but I ordered from Richard becuase it came filled with 100 MIL of ink that will print and print and print without you even seeing the tanks go down.

Do yourself a favor and get the CISS no matter where you get the printer from. Huge savings, If you go with Cobra tell Richard I sent you or you belong to the forum and he will take 10% off of what you order. And his support is second to none. If your doing tee shirt with JPSS paper then you want pigment ink If getting into sublimation then you need high temp ink...

Agree with the JPSS paper I use that and have two 1100's with pigment and one with high temp. Go to the main page and under search just put in 100 and read away and enjoy...

Yes that is what I was planning on doing.. Getting the CIS system from him and they have a good video of how to install it on his site..

Well I went and picked up the Epson 1100 for just $99.. Now I will order the CIS from Cobra Inks... Just have to do some more research on what to use for doing stickers now..

Well I went and picked up the Epson 1100 for just $99.. Now I will order the CIS from Cobra Inks...

Just have to do some more research on what to use for doing stickers now..

[/quote

Do a search here for the 1100 there is a lot of good info on what vinyl to print on as well as the best laminate to use. Dont open the inks that come with it unless you already have but instead sell them on ebay as when you get you CISS tanks they will be good for 1,000's of prints...