Sign in to follow this  
FasTech Design

Iron on material that does not require a heat press

Does anyone have any information about Iron on apparel material that I can cut with my plotter and send out to customers that does not require a Heat press to install.

Something that can be easily pressed by someone at their home with a standard iron.

If you have any experience or leads on this any info would be really appreciated.

Thanks!!!

EnduraTex makes iron on vinyl, never used it but it is the only iron on vinyl I am aware of.

I believe Signwarehouse carries it.

EnduraTex makes iron on vinyl, never used it but it is the only iron on vinyl I am aware of.

I believe Signwarehouse carries it.

You need a hard flat surface with a thin layer of cloth to iron on. The ironing board didn't work worth a crap.

never tried to multi layer, but like i said, have been having a single color work fine. its not the same as ironing a regular iron-on on, i dont use a backer sheet, and the iron sometimes sticks to the plasticy backing, so i usually dosent "slide" well, like youd normally iron, but pushing it down in one area, lifting, and moving to another, is been working perfectly. its especially easy on something like a front shirt pocket design, where you can cover it all at once.

One solution I have used in the past with other material that was heat transfer material with multiple colors printed on a gerber edge (major pain in the ass- Registration issues), then heat pressed, I just used scrap liner (from vinyl) glossy side touching the transfer, press , then peel warm after pressing and it worked great.

I use the Siser EasyWeed with an iron. I have a piece of sheet metal that I put down on the ironing board so I can apply even pressure. A new cookie sheet will work too. I also put a piece of parchment paper on top of the easy weed before hitting it with the iron.