jent

Looking to buy another cutter

We have a big cutter and I'd like to buy one that is 24" or smaller. We do alot of jobs that are 12" or smaller and I don't like using the big machine for these. I would also like to get a cutter that can do a really good job on small lettering and fine details.

I am looking at the CP2500 --- anyone currently using this one? We will only be using it to cut vinyl. What is the difference between the motor types (ie: divisional, stepper, etc). I was looking at the Graphtec CE5000 too but they look really slow.

A divisional motor is a Stepper Motor. They are called that because the rotation is divided into stops at specified angles. Other cutters utilize servo motors that have an infinite number of stop points so they will inherently be more accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepper_motor

If your budget allows, get the Graphtec - you will not be disappointed. Plus it can cut letters down to 1/8" and the smallest the

Copam will do is about 1/4" (depending on font).

UScutter...is it possible to get the Graphtec CE5000 24" without the vinyl and Corel? We use AI CS5 on our computers already and we have/use oracal vinyl. It looks like it comes from Graphtec with the whole package tho.

Call them and see if they have any returned units. Sometimes they do- and they are less money and fully checked out. The graphtec is by no means slow in any way- you can set the speed...