TomasB

Contour cut issues

Hi Guys & Gals

I've been away from the forum hope everyone is doing well. I'm getting close to a deadline for a customer and having issues with contour cutting with Inkscape into SignCut on my LP24.

I have all the steps working properly except when I send my cut line to SignCut and go thru the align registration marks then hit enter the cutter plots (testing with pen 1st) reg marks that don't even come close to the printed ones. What gives? Also my reg marks are printed on 8.5 x 11 letter size paper with are approximately 10inches apart length wise but when I hit enter after the alignment procedure it plots ( testing with pen 1st) reg marks approximately 9inches apart. Now when I start with Inscape I make sure that it's document setting is at the 8.5 x 11.

When I print I also make sure it's on the identical size setting and the same goes for image and media setting in SignCut is compatible. What am I doing wrong. Thanking you all again in advance,

TomasB

I've been cutting "regular" stuff successfully for a while, but I've been having trouble getting contour to work as well. Can't seem to get any answers for an Inkscape and SC-Pro combination (and I'm MAC). My cutter is a ce5000-60, the plug ins are there for SC-Pro, with ARMS it will try to find the registration marks - finds the first one - then gives an error. Upon trying simple contour, I get the same off sized attempts as yourself. The fact that it tries lets us at least know we are in the right direction... I spent yesterday with Graphtec support and got no help unless I purchased AI or Corel - then he said he would help me...

The folks at SignCut should be able to help you both...

What I HAVE found using Signcut and the LP24, instead of using their templates, and messing around with stuff, simply put a square box that is about a half pixel wide around your drawing on both your print and contour line files *(in the same place mind you)... then when you go to line up the laser, align the laser to the the corners of the box as they will be the outer-most bounds of your "document"

As far as the CE5000 and SCP, ARMS should easily work with it... Has to be a setting or an alignment issue.