juniorranger

Whats the most efficient size cutter to get when buying for first time

I will be cutting primarily rear window advertisement, what is the best size to purchase, i can see where it would waste vinyl if you had to turn a project that was only say 8" x 36" vertical on a 24" machine as to where if you had a 50" machine you would be only using the actual length of material by cuting the project horizontal, am i correct in my thinking on this? Or is the vinyl price so low it's not relavent? Will a 24" in copam cut actual 24" vinyl? Is 24" vinyl actually smaller than 24"? Will a 24" machine work for what i want to do? Do i need to consider a 36" or even 50"? I am just really trying to do all my homework here as i am on a limited spending budget and cant afford to make a purchasing mistake... Dont mind spending the money just dont want to wind up buying two machines..

i see where your logic comes from on the 50", but you could probably make do with a 12" or 24" using reference markers if you're on a budget.

Just because you have a 24" cutter doesn't mean you always have to use 24" wide vinyl. I have a 24" but use mostly 15" wide. If I only use 8" of the 15" width I could still trim it at 8" and use the other 7" on something else.

I have a 24" but use mostly 15" wide. 

Ditto. I've also used 12", 10", and a few small scraps that are barely usable - hey, vinyl is vinyl. I gotta use every single inch that will work in the cutter  :lol:

having a 50" wide machine will mean having to buy wider material, meaning more $$$. if you are wanting to cut the length of the vinyl.

a 8" x 36" graphic will use the same amount of vinyl no matter what size your machine is.

24" vinyl = 3 images at 8" x 36" ( may have to adjust size to 7 3/4" )  minimal waste

just my opinion