Sign in to follow this  
SandEsigns

1200 stops in middle of cut. locks computer down

will not finish a cut 90% of the time. locks the computer up.  have to pull the plug.  can't even shut down with task manager.  i have...

tried on two different computers.

changed cable.

tried different software.

change baud rates.

fixed setting in both the computer and the software to match manual. (hardware etc)

changed com ports.

tried pretty much everything.

i have ruined 100.00 worth of vinyl trying to print two signs.  it will get to a point and i get a "waiting."  when i get this, i have to pull the plug.  locks everything up. it has to be something in the buffer memory of the cutter...that's all i can think.  ideas welcomed! i am going to lose a nice job if i don't get this thing going tomorrow. thanks in advance for the help.

Eddie

Guest sciondrgn

Hmm I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions but instead of using vinyl, plug in the pen tool and use card stock paper or a roll of paper, Much cheaper then wasting vinyl.

Couple things,

Are you trying to cut the same image when this happens?

Is that all you have tried to cut? Tried anything smaller to see if it can complete small cuts?

If your using the USB make sure your not using a USB hub, If you are not then try using the serial port and leave usb out of the loop.

no hub.  i am running the same sign, but it does it on all of them. i would think it was fixed and i would try it and it would quit.  i am now cutting the same vinyl over and over. are you talking about using a serial to USB adapter cable? how would that make a difference?

Guest sciondrgn

Hmm with everything you tried I would contact Kenimes on the board, See what kind of options you have could be a bad or loose connection inside or maybe a bad board.

I know on mine I have cut fairly large signs with alot of detail and it had no problem, it would go into waiting mode to re-buffer but would continue without issue.

Worst case scenario, it may be a motherboard issue, and they are easy to replace.

Hmm with everything you tried I would contact Kenimes on the board, See what kind of options you have could be a bad or loose connection inside or maybe a bad board.

I know on mine I have cut fairly large signs with alot of detail and it had no problem, it would go into waiting mode to re-buffer but would continue without issue.

WHAT ABOUT THE QUESTION OF " WILL SERIAL TO USB WORK":P?

It might. I have heard of a few customers that have got a Serial to USB adaptor to work with these cutters. We are also researching and trying to nail down the cause for this issue, and we have several files from customers that have had the same thing happen, but I have not been able to recreate the issue here so it might be computer related, not sure. We are still testing.

Any way you could post a copy of the file, or files you had this happen with?

It might. I have heard of a few customers that have got a Serial to USB adaptor to work with these cutters. We are also researching and trying to nail down the cause for this issue, and we have several files from customers that have had the same thing happen, but I have not been able to recreate the issue here so it might be computer related, not sure. We are still testing.

Any way you could post a copy of the file, or files you had this happen with?

i DO NOT want to hijack the thread.  I am having the exact same issues on all of my files.  i have tried working with 6 different files.  it does the same thing on the test cut file also.  if this is an issue with the cutter itself, can i get a refund or exchange to a reliable cutter?

That's just it. If you send me the cutter back, and it runs flawlessly on my system, but just not on yours, it might NOT be a problem with the cutter because the files I have had customers send to me cut just fine on my computer with the same setup. Problem is, not everyone has the same hardware inside their system, or the exact same programs loaded, or the exact same external devices hooked up. Each and every computer is different in one way or another. This makes the issue much harder to troubelshoot, especially if I cannot recreate the issue here. We continue to test and test, and this has become our #1 priority, but it will take some time in trying to nail down exactly what is causing this to happen. The majority of our customers are running flawlessly. I would suggest trying another computer in the meantime while we research the issue.

That's just it. If you send me the cutter back, and it runs flawlessly on my system, but just not on yours, it might NOT be a problem with the cutter because the files I have had customers send to me cut just fine on my computer with the same setup. Problem is, not everyone has the same hardware inside their system, or the exact same programs loaded, or the exact same external devices hooked up. Each and every computer is different in one way or another. This makes the issue much harder to troubelshoot, especially if I cannot recreate the issue here. We continue to test and test, and this has become our #1 priority, but it will take some time in trying to nail down exactly what is causing this to happen. The majority of our customers are running flawlessly. I would suggest trying another computer in the meantime while we research the issue.

okay, i purchased a new serial to usb adapter from frys and it is working better.  This appears to be a problem with the USB attachment on the cutter.  Is there anyone working "flawlessly" using the USB connection? and since most newer computers dont have the serial ports on them anymore this is a big issue.  i bought the cutter because of the ease of use with USB.  Had I known it needed to use serial to be stable I would have chosen another model.  its costing more money getting jobs completed due to the troubleshooting time, and wasted heat transfer materiall.  even troubleshooting with the pen tool takes lots of time away from making money doing jobs. so what happens when you guys realize its an issue with the usb /cutter combo?