Sign in to follow this  
BigcockGraphics

How to cut designs in sign blazer

I recently bought a new cutter and the program they sent me was Sign blazer and CorelDraw Essentials 4 but when I try to cut out a graphic design it wont allow me to cut a bitmap file. Does anyone know why this is and how I can possibly get it to start cutting designs. Thanks for your help

I recently bought a new cutter and the program they sent me was Sign blazer and CorelDraw Essentials 4 but when I try to cut out a graphic design it wont allow me to cut a bitmap file. Does anyone know why this is and how I can possibly get it to start cutting designs. Thanks for your help

You can only cut vector files (Outlines) in any cutting software, you have to vector a bitmap. Inkscape.org is a good Free program to vectorize in.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/25/0/vectorising-in-inkscape

The easiest way to get started is to get a subscription to a vector art supplier, it has to be in eps file format, or older ai. They will both cut. You can not just take a picture and cut it out, that's what printers do. Cutters are mainly just a 2 axis CNC, X and Y. The program for signblazer is a vector art designer. You can import/export and custom draw using the node edit option inside this program to allow you to do some really cool stuff. I would advise you to look at the user manual for signblazer. Download Inkscape, it's free and also does vector art. Bitmaps are jpeg and similar web files, they are more suitable for printing.