Sign in to follow this  
34Ford

Going from ce5000-60 to FC7000-75 worth it?

I have my eye on a Graphtec FC7000-75 for $1000 and Im wondering if it would be considered a move up from my ce5000-60. Would it be worth a 7 hour drive one way, spending money for a room, and 7 hours back?

The 7000 came out back in '05 if that matters.

EDIT: Oh damn, wrong forum.

I have my eye on a Graphtec FC7000-75 for $1000 and Im wondering if it would be considered a move up from my ce5000-60. Would it be worth a 7 hour drive one way, spending money for a room, and 7 hours back?

The 7000 came out back in '05 if that matters.

EDIT: Oh damn, wrong forum.

Great Machine. and a great price, I have owned mine Fc7000-75 for 3 years never a problem. Mine came standard with the Media Basket. I would hope the Media basket is still with that one. I bought new in 2008... was $2900 shipped. I have never regretted getting the 30", My business was started with a 30" Chinese cutter, So I wanted to stay with that size.

Thanks, Skeeter. Well from what little I can find on it since its so dated is its a much more commercial machine than my ce5000.

And the cross cut looks interesting.

Thanks, Skeeter. Well from what little I can find on it since its so dated is its a much more commercial machine than my ce5000.

And the cross cut looks interesting.

Actually Graphtec runs the same model # for several years. The Fc8000 came out in 2009,and is still the current model #.... I really don't see much difference between the Fc7000 and the Fc8000, except alot more money. I purchased a brand new one in 2008.

All the specs/user manuals are still on the Graphtec site under legacy cutters.

Oh I thought there was a considerable difference in the 8000's.

Well I talked to the wife, and she thinks maybe I should hold out for a 48". I dunno. That time spent on the road is the tough part. <_<

Oh I thought there was a considerable difference in the 8000's.

Well I talked to the wife, and she thinks maybe I should hold out for a 48". I dunno. That time spent on the road is the tough part. <_<

Here is the FC8000 page, not a whole lot added, and nothing added that "I" needed. You can read what is added as features on this page

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/fc8000series.html

i just got mine a couple of months ago and would never look back. i paid 1000.00 for mine. just do it!

Well I brought home a fc7000-100 last night. This is a hugh bitch!

Well, when compared to my ce5000-60 ;D

Other than being dusty from sitting, it looks like new. The guy even had it in the original box, only thing missing is a ink pen.