ramy

Cutting Shadow Issue

I am using SB with a CE-5000 cutter where I using Lucida Handwriting font for a phrase that is 7.5" x 22" shadowed.

The customer wanted a bolder font than what is standard using this particular font and I could not find one via searching on internet.

One of the members suggested Outlining the text and then weld it, which worked perfectly. I then shadowed it.

The issue is when I cut it, they are not matching up as well as I would like it to. When I look at the nodes they appear to be correct and everything line up.

The way I am cutting it I am wondering if it could be making a difference(not that I would see how).

The text part of it I am cutting horizonally (using 24"w material) and the shadow I am cutting verticall(using 15" w material), I would think it would cut it the same either way.

Any ideas as to what to look for?

Thanks

No, I want it just like it is, but when I cut it the two pieces don't line up correctly.

If I line up the "A" at the beginning, the "In" doesn't line up perfectly(1/16 to 3/32 off in some spots).

I'm trying to figure out whats causing that.

I would first cut a measured square or rectangle and then check it's dimensions. Could be that your X or Y scaling is off.

Then, if it's that important, try cutting both vertically. You may waste some vinyl, but it should match.

Good luck with it!

Thanks, I will try that for checking the X and Y.

That was going to be my next test to cut them both vertically.

Appreciate the feedback. :thumbsup:

ramy check this file. What I sometimes do is put a thin outline to give you a little alignment buffer. So if you are off a hair not so noticeable. I added reg marks as demo too.

all-in-w-regs.eps

Definatley cutting them both vertically seemed to make better.

I opted to used Tekcorps technique though. Thanks.

I didn't have time to try cutting a rectangle and then measure to see is there is a difference. Lets just say there was, is there a way to calibrate a CE-5000 ?