joncat

1351 Problem..........at end of tether !

Hi Folks,

I have spent two evenings now to no avail trying to breathe life into my MH 1351, just purchased second hand ( I know, I know....)

I have not managed to get anything from the plotter - it self tests and all seems fine, display good resets carriage moves fine etc etc..........

I have tried Parallel cable via LPT 1 - nothing.............

I have tried a standard serial cable - nothing..................

I have also tried a usb to serial adapter with the appropriate ftdi drivers - still nothing from the plotter..................

I have tried SIGN BLAZER ELEMENTS and SIGNCUT.

The software (SBE) however does "send" the plot file via the cut manager / plot manager part of SBE.............but no file gets to the plotter

- where do they go :huh:? When doing this the Comm port shows as active in the manager part of the software.

This manager software shows some comm ports as "idle" and the file sits there until I delete it - but on Com2 and USB adapter(Com5) the files seem to "get sent"

but no movement from the cutter...........

I bought this from a chap who "could not get it to work on his Mac" !

He told me - it works fine on a PC. I use Mac and PC but would like to get it working on a PC to start with.......

I have used the standard Com settings and also tried the full range of Baud adjustments, flow control, hardware control etc etc.........

I am sure I am missing something somewhere but after around eight hours of plodding am considering whacking it back on ebay !

I am hoping to use it in my school eventually............any help much appreciated.................Jon - South Wales, UK.

Try a null modem cable, sometimes they work a little better than serial cable. And make sure you have the baud rate on both the cutter and the software set the same.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the two replies - anyone got anything else ?

Should I be able to detect voltages out of the cables if I send a large file :huh:?

The cutter is showing me zero in terms of response - anyone in Wales running one of these :huh:

I will borrow a Camm1 pnc-1000 to check my cables but I believe all are fine............

What about blown IC's on the plotter PCB ?

Anyone do spares ? Prices ? etc.........

If I had a bought this would be in line for becoming an anchor right now !

Regards all,

Jon.

Hi Again folks,

Is there anyone able to do the magic "remote connection" thing to help me out ?

If possible that would be great - I will get a LAN cable connected in the PC that is connected to the cutter tomorrow evening (23.40 here now............)

and keep my fingers crossed there is a PC guru lurking somewhere..............

I am a MAC person at heart but have now tried so many variables with three different cables ports I seem to suspect an interface board in the cutter is kaput.

But would that kill the Parallel and the serial port ?

Alternatively if you are in the UK and want a cheap cutter - £80 let me know !

Regards and not yet quite out of hope,

Jon.

#1) if you're using a serial cable- it must be a null modem serial cable. The MH series cutters will not work with a normal serial cable.

#2) check out the signblazer getting started video here. If you have already installed the Signblazer software you don't need to watch it from the beginning but it goes over everything you should be looking at in terms of what is required to get communication between the cutter and your computer.

Hope this was helpful!