snooky22

US cutterlaserpoint 36" problem, please help

Hey everyone, me and a buddy purchased this unit to letter our race cars, cut out some basic stuff to practice, cut out our numbers, look really good. I was away, he went to cut out some more stuff and said that it wont make a complete cut and keeps freezing up the computer. Once he unplugs the machine the computer works fine. We are using SB software. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ken

Hey everyone, me and a buddy purchased this unit to letter our race cars, cut out some basic stuff to practice, cut out our numbers, look really good. I was away, he went to cut out some more stuff and said that it wont make a complete cut and keeps freezing up the computer. Once he unplugs the machine the computer works fine. We are using SB software. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ken

does it do the same thing, when you raise the blade holder? and fake a cut, Does the job complete then? If so static, Make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand. Wipe your vinyl with a dryer sheet, some people put the dryer sheet right in the vinyl roll, Some other spray Static Guard around their machine. Use a Keyspan adapter, can be purchased on Uscutter and Ebay, and alot of other places.

We have been using the laptop for weeks with no problems, we will contact tech support if that dont work but we will check. Just seems odd that no problems for 3 weeks now its acting up.