Sign in to follow this  
Tewfiddy

Best vinyl to use?????

Hey Guys, I was just wanting to know if everyone thinks Oracle 651 is a good vinyl to use.  I will be making graphics for cars and boats.  Is this a durable cast vinyl like everyone says ?  I was just wondering cause I have a few things lined up already and I tried the Avery and I really dont cae for it. 

Thanks for all the  suggestions and help everyone

Bruce

Hello Bruce,

Everyone has personal preferences.

I tend to listen to what the pros in the sign industry here have to say.

7 year for anything outdoor is the most common song.

Never use US Avery vinyl is another.

Apparently European Avery from France is fine but not the US made vinyl.

3M Cast if you can afford it is regarded as the best vinyl made.

The best low price 7 year vinyl is Hexis.

No sure if that is sold in the US.

This comes from France.

It is about 60%  lower in price here than Avery, Oracal, and so on.

Personally i think that the Arlon range is hard to beat and also Mutlifix from Belgium is great stuff.

Just my 2 cents worth

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Thanks Jerry.  Its hard to decide on a vinyl.  Do you think The oracal 651 is a good vinyl for cars and boats?  Have you heard anything bad about it? I might be able to get some for a cheap price.

Thanks

Bruce

Guest fivestar

Oracal 651 is great for flat surfaces and glass.  It does not conform very well so if you are using it on a vehicle or boat where there is curves it may be a little difficult.  651 is calendared vinyl, not cast, 751 and 851 is Oracal's cast vinyl.  I use Oracal 651 all the time for most things I do.

Hey Tanks, I get confused sometime from brain to typing hand... I think I will just go with the oracle 651 for everything but car and boat graphics

Thanks

Bruce

I've been using 651 for most everything I do... mainly vehicle window decals, and stuff for motorcycle road races, but I have used it for vehicle graphics as well(but it's was fairly flat).

Hello Melissa... interested in giving out some some samples, say maybe 5yrds, so people can get an idea of how well the material cuts, weeds, applies, etc?

Guest fivestar

She is to me,  :) well I dunno about 5 yds but she's sending me out some along with a catalog.