Sign in to follow this  
gr203

Flexi 8.5 Mac OS X problems!

I've posted this before, on the mac and flexi forums but they do not get enough traffic through there it seems and I never got an answer. The search turned up nothing.

I've got Flex 8.5 (For mac) and a Macbook OS.X 10.5.8 on a US Cutter MH-721

And a Keyspan (The one from US cutter)

I've downloaded the drivers for it as I bought flexi from some random website that didnt include it on there (Didn't know that ahead of time)

I've gotten it to cut maybe a inch and it stops, most the time on my trial and errors of different settings it says "holding"

Could someone who's running this or a simliar set up on a mac give me a bit of detail what their setup is, a screen shot of the preferances from the Flexi Production Manager I think would help.

Or any other advice to try.. I tried several companies tech support and no one was helpful.

Anything would be great, thanks!

I've posted this before, on the mac and flexi forums but they do not get enough traffic through there it seems and I never got an answer. The search turned up nothing.

I've got Flex 8.5 (For mac) and a Macbook OS.X 10.5.8 on a US Cutter MH-721

And a Keyspan (The one from US cutter)

I've downloaded the drivers for it as I bought flexi from some random website that didnt include it on there (Didn't know that ahead of time)

I've gotten it to cut maybe a inch and it stops, most the time on my trial and errors of different settings it says "holding"

Could someone who's running this or a simliar set up on a mac give me a bit of detail what their setup is, a screen shot of the preferances from the Flexi Production Manager I think would help.

Or any other advice to try.. I tried several companies tech support and no one was helpful.

Anything would be great, thanks!

What does the plotter screen say? Is the carriage hitting the red buttons on the side of the machine? I don't have my machine plugged in right now so I can't give you the full screen shot of what it looks like connected but here are my settings.

What does the plotter screen say? Is the carriage hitting the red buttons on the side of the machine? I don't have my machine plugged in right now so I can't give you the full screen shot of what it looks like connected but here are my settings.

Make sure your plotter is set to 9600 as well.

In fact just run through the guide for new people found here in the first post...

I know it's windows based and different software and cutter but I ran through it and it helped me. Let me know what's going on. I'm new myself but might be able to help you out a bit.

If all of that doesn't help try running through this entire thread. Again it's the wrong software but it is the same plotter and it's about a mac.