So who deos embroidery work on here? Is it hard to get into? Im looking to get into embroidery, im a guy, is this a womans type of deal?

I dont think its just a gal thing..I have a really good starter machine..It has a lot of threads and backing, its a 1 needle machine with a programable computer hook up..If your interested pm me and I can get you all the info you would need to decide if this is for you...the machine cost new $550 plus the extra platforms and all the suplies and stuff to itThe person that sold it to her said everything was close to 1000.00 new.My wife gave 350.00 for it so thats what I would be asking for everything plus actual shipping. My wife wanted to get into it and has lost intrest...

thanks

stetson5331

My wife and I offer embroidery. The biggest and hardest part about it is getting digitizing done. You either pay for it or do it yourself. We took the plunge and bought a single need machine and started their. We now have a six needle machine and we do our own digitizing. I do the digitizing and my wife sets up the machine and sews it out.

Need any questions answered let us know.

Thanks,

Geo

I also run a Toyota AD860 12 needle, single head machine. Embroidery is fascinating to watch, however, it can be very frustrating when your machine is not tuned. I found that most people that embroider do not know the mechanics of the machine. Therefore it is hard to get helpful information. Another thing would be digitizing software and learning how to use it properly. I am willing to help anyone that has question because I started knowing nothing with no one to ask. Now I actually help individuals setup and tune their machines. Good luck with your search.

I've been in business for 12 years, It's a great place to work for a man or a woman, even though men are more suited to work on hats (Hard to hoop wears out your hands). I have two 6 head 9&12 needle machines, Tagima/Pulse Microsystems DGML Maestro digitizing software and Recently I bought a computer with Pantogram designer series 3 Software. I don't really use the designer since I have Pulse, but it was an auction sale. My 2 cents - if your going into commercial embroidery buy at lease a two head machine or more. One heads are great for very small orders or specialty work, but you'll never pay the rent with it. Imagine a 100 piece order at 20min each run(a very small logo) it will take you 33 hours to finish. Even at $3.00/shirt you're making less than $9.00/hour, with a two head, you are making $18.00/hour for 15 hours work (good money for a part-time job).

PS: Happy (Texmac usa) makes an outstanding embroidery machine from single heads to 20 head 15 needle machines. They require very little service and Mike B is a great technicsl support rep.