Sign in to follow this  
Jive

Where do I get vinyl templates for motorcycles, etc

I have a friend that wants some decal work done to his bike, and I notice that a lot of vinyl packages on eBay and elsewhere are made to fit a particular bike (this fits 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250). That made me wonder if there is somewhere to get blank templates for different bikes? I suppose one could make their own, which I would do, just would rather find one to work with.

Jive

I have a friend that wants some decal work done to his bike, and I notice that a lot of vinyl packages on eBay and elsewhere are made to fit a particular bike (this fits 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250). That made me wonder if there is somewhere to get blank templates for different bikes? I suppose one could make their own, which I would do, just would rather find one to work with.

Jive

you cna sometimes find some on the net others have made themselves or there are some companies that sell vehicle outlines, not sure about bikes though.

Thanks! I wasn't even sure what to search the net for. I assume the correct name is "template".

Jive

you cna sometimes find some on the net others have made themselves or there are some companies that sell vehicle outlines, not sure about bikes though.

You are welcome . i have seen templates of motorcycles , just can't remember where . I'll post if i remember or find them .

You are welcome . i have seen templates of motorcycles , just can't remember where . I'll post if i remember or find them .

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

Jive

I am also looking for this kind of thing. My thought is that I am going to go in to a local bike shop that sells a lot of custom stuff, and see if he will let me take photos of bikes he gets in and create templates. Wont be the easiest way of doing this, but this way I will be able to print off templates after I make them and make sure that they are 100% correct. As I get going with this, I will post them on the share thread if anyone wants them.