Sign in to follow this  
Poot25

SBE trouble

Hey guys,hoping I could get some help.I am running SBE on my desktop,it is an XP OS that run fine ,but now its stopping the cutter before it cuts(gets to the cut tile ,but when I click it just locks up there)or it will stop in the middle of the cutting sequence.I do have a parallel port on this computer so I thought I would try that ,but when I clicked on cut tile it traced out really fast(like 5 seconds) on the cut preview ,but cutter didn't run.This is really frustrating as I have a large banner(3'X10') that I need to complete and with the USB I have t orestart the computer after the program locks up and its hit or miss to get it t orun the next tile.I believe the LPT will help aleviate this issue if I can figure out how to set up(Probably an operator error)thanks Jason P

Did you change the Output Device in the cutter setup window to LPT when you swithced to Parallel port? As for the locking up, you can just unplut the USB cable and it will free up the computer.

yes changed setup to lpt1,as for the unplugging usb,I did that and it messed up my next cut,it cut through half of the text I was cutting.

Does it seem to stop at the same spot in the cut, It maybe a setup issue, there's a space in setup where you can manually type in the length and width of the materials, make sure you put in some large number for the length and see if it stops then. What type of usb, is is a usb to serial adapter. Make sure if it is a usb that you have the usb driver installed properly. Also make sure you run signblazer as administrator and give the cutter preference in the printer interface.