Sign in to follow this  
rotten

size question

I would like to scale up this graphic as an svg in inkscape to actual size. In the jpg version i have drawn a red line that needs to measure 2-1/8" so i can then put it directly in sign blazer and cut. How do i go about this? Is there any tool that you can draw a line and then specify how long that line should be, and then it automagically re-sizes to that line? I didn't attach the svg but i can if anyone needs it.

taito.jpg

That should work, thanks, but how did you do that? I'm going to be doing this with more items and i need to know the process.

1. Load your design in Inkscape and save as PS.

2. Load the PS file into GhostView and go to Edit and convert to Vector format and save as .DXF.

3. Load design into Plans program and resize design until I get 2.125” dimension that you requested and save as .EPS

4. Plans is also the program that I drive my Cutter.

Bob Bigart

Thanks for the response. Do you have any more info on the "Plans" program. I've tried googling it but due to the name i get so many hits that aren't what i'm looking for. A publisher or even better, a website, would be appreciated.

THanks!

Thanks for the response. Do you have any more info on the "Plans" program. I've tried googling it but due to the name i get so many hits that aren't what i'm looking for. A publisher or even better, a website, would be appreciated.

THanks!

It's a program that isn't supported by the developer anymore I could maybe send it to you it fits on a floppy disc it's that small. It's a CAD drawing program and uses .DXF to draw on your plotter but could take some learning which I don't have time to support. It saves out in the Plans .PLS ,.DXF ,HPGL , .PS formats.

Bob Bigart

Okay, i learned how to do this in adobe illustrator, then i figured out how to translate that into inkscape.

Here's the inkscape route.

1. Draw a line segment of the known measurement area.

2. Click on the completed segment

3. Above the picture on one of the tool bar sections it will have information on the selected segment. Change the measurement units to inches in my case.

4. Use a ratio to calculate the difference. I.E. the segment on the program measures 3" but needs to be 4". So, 4" X 100% / 3" = 1.3333%.

5. Select all items to be scaled

6. From the tool bar select object, then transform (or Shift+Ctrl+M)

7. Select the scale tab

8. Put a check in Scale proportionately

9. Enter in your new scale percentage into either width or height. Click apply.

That's it.