Rodger

Reputation rating

Nuke , the total reputation votes seems to include the positives & negatives :huh: That is why I asked about the ratio .

I also just noticed the sport bike ref in your profile . I am into sport bikes also . I used to roadrace .

Nuke , the total reputation votes seems to include the positives & negatives :huh: That is why I asked about the ratio .

I also just noticed the sport bike ref in your profile . I am into sport bikes also . I used to roadrace .

Rodger, very cool that you used to Road Race! Which tracks and organization? I love sport bikes. No bikes at the moment but I plan to get a Gixxer 750 later. I've had both the R1 and the Gixx 6 so I think I've found the Goldilocks zone heh. I also follow Moto-GP and have been a die-hard Rossi fan since before he won his first 500 (back when it was called that). I've done a few track days but no racing. Is your last name Hayden? Just kiddin'. :)

I edited my post coz I figured out how the reputations are gaged based on post ratings, it's just a little silly that we can rate our own posts. Also, I would love a way to be able to click through and find posts that people voted on from my profile, and who voted what. ;)

Roger, very cool that you used to Road Race! Which tracks and organization? I love sport bikes. No bikes at the moment but I plan to get a Gixxer 750 later. I've had both the R1 and the Gixx 6 so I think I've found the Goldilocks zone heh. I also follow Moto-GP and have been a die-hard Rossi fan since before he won his first 500 (back when it was called that). I've done a few track days but no racing. Is your last name Hayden? Just kiddin'. :)

I edited my post coz I figured out how the reputations are gaged based on post ratings, it's just a little silly that we can rate our own posts. Also, I would love a way to be able to click through and find posts that people voted on from my profile, and who voted what. ;)

Hey Nuke ,

Since you are a spelling perfectionist , It is RoDger :) . I raced with WERA . I live about 1 1/2 hours away from Summit Point , WV & raced there . Also Pocono , Pa & Roebling Road in Savannah , Georgia . I have a R1 & a 1200 Bandit . I also want to get a GSXR 750 again . I have done alot of drag racing .. asphalt & dirt . The dirt drags are the most fun & require much more skill . Rossi is awesome & I really enjoyed him roughing up Stoner last year for the win :thumbsup: . I am glad I am not Roger Hayden , though I wish I had his talent ridng a MC . I always rode as fast as I wanted .. to be really fast . you have to ride with 1 foot in the emergency rooms door from what I have been told :D . My instinct of survival was always stronger than that , even though I went thru that door WAY too many times :(

I also would like to see the ratio of rep ratings along with what posts were rated + & which were rated - . I take constructive criticism well & would welcome input , but that would cause a flame war with most people IMO . I think you would be the same way :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Hey Nuke ,

Since you are a spelling perfectionist , It is RoDger :) . I raced with WERA . I live about 1 1/2 hours away from Summit Point , WV & raced there . Also Pocono , Pa & Roebling Road in Savannah , Georgia . I have a R1 & a 1200 Bandit . I also want to get a GSXR 750 again . I have done alot of drag racing .. asphalt & dirt . The dirt drags are the most fun & require much more skill . Rossi is awesome & I really enjoyed him roughing up Stoner last year for the win :thumbsup: . I am glad I am not Roger Hayden , though I wish I had his talent ridng a MC . I always rode as fast as I wanted .. to be really fast . you have to ride with 1 foot in the emergency rooms door from what I have been told :D . My instinct of survival was always stronger than that , even though I went thru that door WAY too many times :(

I also would like to see the ratio of rep ratings along with what posts were rated + & which were rated - . I take constructive criticism well & would welcome input , but that would cause a flame war with most people IMO . I think you would be the same way :thumbsup:

Rodger,

Cool, and thanks for the spelling correction. By the way it's 'an' R1, not 'a' R1. Indefinite articles are tricky!*

WERA, ah yes I know a few racers in that organization. Do you know someone by the name of Andy Palmer? He was my mechanic for a while and is also a WERA racer here in SoCal, though perhaps he wouldn't be in your division.

I know what you mean about riding fast enough to always be risking a crash. I crashed once at Fontucky during a track day and separated my shoulder. Not fun. Had to sleep on the couch for a month because I couldn't deal with putting pressure on the shoulder. I also crashed once on the freeway in full gear (I think I bottomed out my suspension)....that resulted in the bike sliding ahead of me and me sliding on the freeway Superman-style. I had a nice cushion away from everyone, but man it was scary. It was just a normal commuting day on the Gixxer-6, but the freeways here have very bumpy/rampy sections and I think I hit one just the wrong way where it bottomed out the suspension and bucked me off. I was unscathed except for a tiny bit of rash on each pinky finger (oddly), and an SUV with two fellow riders happened to see the whole thing and helped me get the bike off the freeway while I stopped traffic.

Either way, I still love bikes, and in CA they're the best way to commute since we generally have good weather and lane-splitting is permissible. Plus, being on the bike lets us use the carpool-lane solo.

Yeah Rossi is great, too bad he got injured early in the season or he would have won the championship last year for sure. I can't wait to see him on the Ducati!

As for the rep, yeah I would like to see which posts were downranked and who did it.

*Basically, the usage of 'an' or 'a' is based on the sound of the beginning of the following word. So, since 'R1' is pronounced 'AR WUN', you'd use 'an' because the 'AR' in R1 starts with a vowel sound. For consonant sounds, you'd use 'a' such as 'a' rock or 'a' pickle. You'll see this very clearly when we use exceptions such as, 'an' onion (ugh) vs. 'a' one-day shopping event (wuh) or 'a' unicorn (yoo) vs. 'an' umbrella (um). Properly-used indefinite articles make English flow better.

• Like 1

I accidentally hit - on my self. Thought it was the delete button. Oh well.

I also hit the + & the - buttons several times trying to figure out what it did . I did it not only on my posts , but others also ... OOPS . I don't have a clue on who or which posts . I can see the rating on posts I have rated . It would be nice to see posts ratings .. I think seeing who did what would cause a small war .

@ Nuke . That is interesting & informative . I appreciate the heads up on the a vs an . I hit a pothole with a drag race FZR1000 years ago . It bounced the rear end up almost vertical & came back down . No rider input available & I got lucky .

• Like 1

I also hit the + & the - buttons several times trying to figure out what it did . I did it not only on my posts , but others also ... OOPS . I don't have a clue on who or which posts . I can see the rating on posts I have rated . It would be nice to see posts ratings .. I think seeing who did what would cause a small war .

@ Nuke . That is interesting & informative . I appreciate the heads up on the a vs an . I hit a pothole with a drag race FZR1000 years ago . It bounced the rear end up almost vertical & came back down . No rider input available & I got lucky .

Yeah, but I would want to know why I was voted down. Maybe a little comment box along with a vote? Kinda like reviews on Amazon. Or better yet, remove the silly reputation thing entirely. ;)

I would also , but it would turn into a major battle for most negative votes if not all . I take it as a simple vote without alot of implications . Either it was a positive post or it was a negative post as voted by the reader . If a member does not want more negative votes & the result to their reputation rating , they would adjust how they post . If they don't care , they would post how they wanted & only be subject to the forum rules . I think it is a good way to see how we come across . Of course voting for yourself ruins that effect . :)

I would also , but it would turn into a major battle for most negative votes if not all . I take it as a simple vote without alot of implications . Either it was a positive post or it was a negative post as voted by the reader . If a member does not want more negative votes & the result to their reputation rating , they would adjust how they post . If they don't care , they would post how they wanted & only be subject to the forum rules . I think it is a good way to see how we come across . Of course voting for yourself ruins that effect . :)

So this is why you keep voting negative for yourself? :huh:

So this is why you keep voting negative for yourself? :huh:

I have posted negative posts ( i know you think I am perfect , but i am not ... ) but I belive in Karma ... positive vines man .. positive vines :thumbsup::)

• Like 1

I have posted negative posts ( i know you think I am perfect , but i am not ... ) but I belive in Karma ... positive vines man .. positive vines :thumbsup::)

You are mistaken, I think I'M perfect! I know you're not!!! :D

You are mistaken, I think I'M perfect! I know you're not!!! :D

:thumbsup: