Sign in to follow this  
Watson91

Used PCut, Starting Out Issues

Hello,

Just trying to get my pinky toe in the water with the vinyl cutting.  I recently bought a used Creation PCut, but am having problems with it off the bat.  When I hook the power supply up the machine powers on but I then have two problems.  1) the LCD screen is unresponsive with only black squares in one row.  2) key pad seems unresponsive.  Although since the LCD is not showing, I can't tell what is going on.

Is the LCD going out a common problem?  Looks like it may have had some issues as it looks like it has possibly been tinkered with before hand.  Also, when you first power on should the key pad control the cutter to where I could move it some how to verify that at least the key pad is operating without the LCD operating.  The seller has offered to take the item back, but if this is a fairly easy fix I would rather do that and get this thing working. 

Where is the carriage? Is it pressing the red kill switches on the ends of the cutter? If so, try moving it by hand to where it's not pressing the kill switch. I had the same problem with the black blocks and thought my Pcut was broken for the longest time because of that!

The cutter is centered right now. There are two black buttons on either side which I'm assuming are the red kill switches you are speaking off.

I have read through the manual, faq, and support topics listed on USCutter's website. None seem to provide insight to the problem. I am starting to wonder if this is a mobo issue. Hopefully someone can shed a little light on the subject?