Sign in to follow this  
lastfuse

Help needing on printed decals.

Hey Everyone.

I've had a lot of requests for printed graphics lately. Mostly 2" x 7" stickers and skins for iPhones. So I've decided to make the investment in to an USCutter LaserPoint.

My question is what else to I need to get started?

I'm looking at an Epson printer and suggestions?

What vinyl and laminate should I stock?

Software?

I'm currently running Flexi on a PC (The mac version I bought won't work with my copam) I know that won't work with the Laserpoint.

An I missing something?

My budget is $1000-$1500 hopefully only $1000. Can I get something better than the lasercut on this?

For a little over $1500 ($1595) you could get a 24" Graphtec. For smaller items like you are talking about I would almost get the CraftRobo ($995). It has sthe ARMS (Automatic Registration Mark Sensors). Way better machine that the LaserPoint.

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-Craft-ROBO-Pro--Professional-Craft-Cutter_p_127.html

Does it come with software needed? It appears to work if I have Illustrator.

This info was at the bottom of the post. The included software is standalone meaning you don't need Adobe or Corel to use it.

Craft ROBO Pro System Requirements & Included Software

Craft ROBO Pro includes a design program called ROBO Master Pro (Windows Vista and earlier) and Cutting Master 2 (a Plug-in for Adobe Illustrator 8 through CS4 for Windows; Illustrator 10 - Illustrator CS4 on Mac *). Users can download a free update of Cutting Master 2 from CraftROBOstore.com by GRAPHTEC America.

*Mac users must have a complete version of Adobe Illustrator to use the Craft ROBO Pro. Graphtec America provides the free plug-in to Adobe Illustrator. Support & Downloads also available @ www.graphtecamerica.com/support

Printer: Epson WF1100 with Cobra CIS www.cobraink.com

Vinyl: Sihl 3988 or 3635

Laminate: Clear gloss overlam or Frog Juice

Laminator: Big Squeegee (Type into Youtube)

Cutter: Roland GX-24 comes with Roland Cut Studio (Type that into Youtube & watch all the tutorials)

For a little over $1500 ($1595) you could get a 24" Graphtec. For smaller items like you are talking about I would almost get the CraftRobo ($995). It has sthe ARMS (Automatic Registration Mark Sensors). Way better machine that the LaserPoint.

The CraftRobo Pro (CE5000-40, they should really take the "CraftRobo" out of that...) is a great machine; I love mine. Identical to the CE5000-60 aside from being 15" instead of 24". Worht every penny.

Hey Everyone.

I've had a lot of requests for printed graphics lately. Mostly 2" x 7" stickers and skins for iPhones. So I've decided to make the investment in to an USCutter LaserPoint.

My question is what else to I need to get started?

I'm looking at an Epson printer and suggestions?

What vinyl and laminate should I stock?

Software?

I'm currently running Flexi on a PC (The mac version I bought won't work with my copam) I know that won't work with the Laserpoint.

An I missing something?

My budget is $1000-$1500 hopefully only $1000. Can I get something better than the lasercut on this?

I'm with Booper for the most part:

Printer: WF1100 with cobra ink CIS and pigment inks.

Vinyl: Sihl 3988; I like it over the 3635 because it's more durable outdoors (because of the solvent adhesive; 3635 uses acrylic adhesive) while having the same characteristics otherwise. I love it. It's my favorite out of several I tried.

Laminate: Oraguard 210 gloss or semi-gloss (customer preference; I like semi-gloss).

Laminator: Big Squeegee Yard Sign Tool. Very easy to get great results with no bubbles. I like the original Big Squeegee, but feel it's better for larger prints. The yard sign tools I have are 14" and 20". Perfect for small to medium prints.

Cutter: Graphtec CE5000-40. It's the only 15" machine in it's class. No compromises; it's the same as the -60 just 15".