Sign in to follow this  
Conquestgraphics

embroidery software

I've been an embroiderer for 12 years, but to be honest I don't know of any free software. there is a lot of free embroidery files(in the trade they're known as 'tapes') but no digitizing. If you do decide to buy I suggest starting with Wilcom , it's not the easiest to use but it has the best stitch engine on the market. Because of all the competition embroidery is very cheap, I'm not trying to tout my own horn but you can PM me for a price quote. My webpage is http://www.caribemb.com.  the email is at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the info.  I'll test the results using my embroidery machines and I'll provide feedback.

i would be interested to see how these work out too. my mom is a hobby sewwer and i dont want to pay to have stuff to be digitalized in order to sew off.

I'm having trouble using sophiesew not meaning anything against the company, but the software is very clumsy for me at least. it's hard for me to set size parameters for column stitches, and I have limitted control of the point placement. Maybe it's just me, it's so different from the way I'm used to working, but it's free so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Well sophiesew has crashed my system twice, and it doesn't have  a lettering option. According to the DLL install date this software has been around since 2007' yet it's still unstable & when it crashed the program tried to send IP information to it's home address. Not really an issue, but it's very easy for a hacker to use that info to hack into my system so I disabled my LAN and forced a hard crash. For me this software is not ready for prime-time. The other software isn't completely free since the Gunold & others tie  buying their products in order to get the "Free" software. Again, the bottom line is I still haven't found any truly free software that works!