Sign in to follow this  
emjball

4 color decal for front door that customer wants to install by themself

Hey all--I keep it simple with vinyl and generally just cut lettering and simple things.  I've got someone who wants me to do this cupcake image and they want to install themselves. 

Would I layer the decal before I give it to the customer?  Or just give them a bunch of different pieces?  They have never installed a decal, so I would think it might be a bit tricky for them to try and install themselves in several pieces....Just looking for some input on what I should do.  As always, thanks for any ideas!!

post-8349-12986566305939_thumb.jpg

post-8349-12986566318279_thumb.jpg

If they've never done multipe layers, you best do it for them!

At least this is how I've done it when someone wanted to do a self-install.

At the least it saves on them coming back after screwing it up and wanting you to remake it for them for free ;)

Thats what I thought.  I have in no way mastered layering, so this should be interesting.  At least I'll get some practice trying it out.  Thanks for responding!

If you haven't layered before it may take a bit of work but it's not all that hard if you use registration marks

Do a search of YouTube for multi-layered vinyl and you should find a ton of videos showing you an easy way to do them.

I think the 3rd of 4th cut i made was 6 layers and other than missing a peice while weeding it came out pretty dayum good! ;)

Good luck!