Sign in to follow this  
Pistonpump

Need Help with Pricing ...asap

I have a Back Lit sign to do that is 10' long by 30" tall.  It is on a store front that is about 15' in the air.  I will have to use a ladder to get up there and pull down the plastic front of the sign to put the vinyl on.  The customer wants it cleaned out also.  The vinyl on the sign will be the full 10' by 30".

What would you charge for this?

I came up with $200.00 for the decal and 4 hrs of installation time for $180.00.

$380.00 total.

Any help would be great.  I also have 1.5 hrs drive time each way.

Thanks in advance.

Geo

Your giving work away at $200.

I just checked and in translucent vinyl, a 30" x 30' (10yd) roll alone is $142 roughly. Not counting app tape if you don't already have that in 30". I have a 30" print/cutter so i would buy the 30" material to make installation easier.

I honestly would turn away this job if i had to get up on the ladder or tell them you can install the vinyl onto the fresh sign face only for $XXX.XX, Just because i'm not experienced and it looks to be your not either with this type of work. I can do the vinyl on the blank but i'm not going off the ground that high with just a ladder.

Yeah but what i don't get, people say double it and all this but how does he know REALLY how much profit he will make and time it's going to take as well as materials? You cannot shoot from the hip to whatever looks good. You need to know YOUR COSTS and figure in your time with mark up on materials.

i would do it for 400.00 plus install time about 200.00 and maybe extra for the height of the install. so total would be around 600.00 give or take a little.

i am not shooting from the hip. i know what i work for and i know my material prices. you should know these just so you can give a quote on the spot. and i would never turn down a job just because of how high it is. as a matter of fact i would never turn down any job because money is money. it might be a 1.00 job or a 1000.00 job bet money in my pocket is better than seeing it walk out the door.

I know what my costs are.  The problem I always run into is doing a new project like this sign.  I have no idea on what my competitors are charging and what to expect once I start taking the sign apart. Even if It took 8 hrs to do the sign I am still making a profit.  If I wasn't doing the sign I would be sitting on the couch at home so really what is my time worth?

I want to grow the business but in the same time not over bid on something or make a bad name for myself.

Thanks,

Geo

I'd be $380 for the vinyl to be cut and applied onto the sign face. I would add in any additional time which is unknown at this point depending on your approach, ladder or rent a scaffolding setup etc

Added hourly rate time for.....removing any vinyl and adhesive, reinstalling the sign face, cleaning out the box area (from what i understand), sign layout and travel if it's not local

Sometimes if the job isn't something in your ballpark you need to let it go, The customer will appreciate your honestly and you won't possibly make a fool of yourself and company name by goofing a job up.