Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Screen Printing Shirts

I have a potential client who wants to look at having some T-shirts screen printed. He is looking at having his duck club shirts screen printed. What are things you would need to know in order to give me a ball park price?

I would like to get this done by a forum member if he wishes to pursue it.

What do you typically charge?

I understand their is a setup fee, please tell me what info you need for a quote and I will get that to you.

Also is their a minimum amount that you will need to screen-print?

how many shirts, how many colors the design is, and how many locations of the print(is it just one side or both) I do not charge set up or screen fees.

Min of 12

how many shirts, how many colors the design is, and how many locations of the print(is it just one side or both) I do not charge set up or screen fees.

Min of 12

I would say front left chest, full back. Colors I would say about 4-5..and I would say 25 shirts to start. It is for a club, they sell them at events, so I am sure their will be future orders.

Min of 12

Min 12 For  one color 24 for 2-3 color

Just curious why heat press vinyl or JPSS wouldn't be an option to entertain?

We charge $1.20 per color per location Plus the cost of the shirt. 4 colors front and back, $4.80 front, $4.80 back, plus the cost of the shirt. If it's a t-shirt somewhere between $2.50 and $3.00.

Total, about $12.60. $20 per screen, per location. 4 colors front and back is 8 screens. $160 for all 8 screens.

The screens/setup is one time. Some screen printers charge a setup the first time, and a Reset each time the customer comes back for more orders of the same design. I don't charge that cause the customer already paid for the screen setup. However, they don't get the screens if they never come back. I reclaim them (wash and re-expose them) and use for somoeone else.

I'd love to do this for you. I'll give you a break of $1.00 per color, per location, the cost of the t-shirt, and only charge you $10 per screen so you can make money too. I'd also give you a proof so you know what you're getting, and can approve it.

Just curious why heat press vinyl or JPSS wouldn't be an option to entertain?

I mentioned this to him, he wants to stick to Screen printing them. I also mentioned that the heat press vinyl would more than likely outlast the garment it was pressed on.

We charge $1.20 per color per location Plus the cost of the shirt. 4 colors front and back, $4.80 front, $4.80 back, plus the cost of the shirt. If it's a t-shirt somewhere between $2.50 and $3.00.

Total, about $12.60. $20 per screen, per location. 4 colors front and back is 8 screens. $160 for all 8 screens.

The screens/setup is one time. Some screen printers charge a setup the first time, and a Reset each time the customer comes back for more orders of the same design. I don't charge that cause the customer already paid for the screen setup. However, they don't get the screens if they never come back. I reclaim them (wash and re-expose them) and use for somoeone else.

I'd love to do this for you. I'll give you a break of $1.00 per color, per location, the cost of the t-shirt, and only charge you $10 per screen so you can make money too. I'd also give you a proof so you know what you're getting, and can approve it.

Thanks, He mentioned to me that he is getting them done at 8.00 a shirt, I said I can not come close to that....I will see what he says, or if he calls me back to get them.

It is another one of those instances that I believe in you get what you pay for.

If you give the customer what he wants he has less to complain about.

I would never try to force a customer on something he or she doesn't want.

He might not go with you if you continue to press him in another direction. Even if he does, he might not stay.

That's about $0.75 per color, and $2.00 for the shirt. It's do-able but doesn't leave much for you. Did he say how much for the setup cost?

He doesn't say anything about the setup cost.

I am not pressuring him into anything. I just told him I cannot do 8.00 a shirt, he said what could I do them for and I said I will get back to you in a day and let you know...He replied okay.

Folks need to get past the idea "It is another one of those instances that I believe in you get what you pay for" when someone does a job cheap. Many folks that call this forum home work very cheap. And after looking at some of the work I would say many do impressive work.

Also when you say a client wants a certain imprint method I sometimes let my quotes speak for them self.  Sure I would quote screen printing but based on what I know about this job I would also quote plastisol transfers.  Usually you can get a full front and a chest design on 1 sheet (use the extra space if any for other odds and ends). Then if they ordered 25 shirts I would order extra transfers for futures sales.  If they sell the initial 25 and say want 10 extras that it is hard to do with screen printing but with transfers you can sell 5 or 10 more shirts at a time.

Often what a client wants can be changed into what they need by how you present the quote. Good luck.

We would be $3.00 for the first color and $.25 per color after that plus shirt cost. we can print 4 colors. set up fee would be $40.00. plus S&H.

We would be $3.00 for the first color and $.25 per color after that plus shirt cost. we can print 4 colors. NO SET UP FEE set up fee would be for you to make money on

I'll do it for $6.00 a t-shirt, small to extra large, $20 per color, per location setup. Full back is 7" x 10", left chest 3 to 4".

I agree with screenprintr, that you give a customer what he wants, screen printing in this case, but I also believe you can so alternatives, do not force it though.

I would also be interested hin screenprintr view points of screen printing vs heat press vinly and transfers. It looks like you offer them all. I'm sure there are pros and cons to each, just interested in your thoughts.

Thanks

Some customers want to save money so they want Transfers. We use Vinyl on t-shirts or uniforms. If a customer needs a jersey with Name, Team, and Number, it takes too long to make a screen for each number and name. Possible, but it takes awhile.

Screen Printing, does it all. It's fun, and rewarding. I love the challenge.