I am centering a 3 inch logo i5 4 1/2 from the center line on a left chest on a size large shirt. For a x-large or 2xl shirt, do I use the same location. Also on the back of the shirt i am putting a 10 by 12 logo 4 inches down from the top of a large shirt. Do I move it for the larger shirts. I hope this makes sense.

thanks

greenie

Here is a helpful .pdf I have used in the past as a reference.  Mostly now I just use the "4 finger rule" and have had no issues.  As a general rule, I go 4 fingers down from the collar on the front, and just under the front collar impression for the backside of the shirt.

Everyone's fingers are different, so I measured mine and the 4 fingers together measure about 3.5".

I also use my left hand to guage where to put left chest logos horizontally by putting the middle knuckle on my pinky finger at the middle of the bottom edge of the collar, then place the graphic 4 fingers down, and close to the tip of my middle finger across and that measures about 4" over from center line of the shirt.

You can also get you a Tee-square-it.  Go to TeeSquareIt.com and check em out.  I have never used one myself, but have heard they are useful.  They also have Logo-it for left chest design placement.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. So I guess regardless of the shirt size, it is the same distance from the center line for the left chest logo.

In my opinion it is, since the left chest measurements are offset from the center of the shirt, they are common most times ; But, when I do sizes 2X and above, I will add a little to the horizontal placement (maybe 1" or so) and leave the distance down from the collar the same.  They turn out better that way for me.

Thx bigtracy for that one. I haven't really done any major jobs but I'm sure it will come in handy one day

Direct 2 Shirt, are they still around? I haven't heard of them for a long time now.

They use to own the ScreenPrintingUniversity.com which I don't think is operational anymore.

Direct 2 Shirt is still around, but you're right, I think screenprintinguniversity is gone.