Sign in to follow this  
xpfguy

generic WF 1100 question

Why is custom size not a selectable choice in my print dialog? should it be? all other options are available, but not that one.

Jason

In the printer settings (the pop up menu when you print), under paper size choose "user defined". You should then be able to enter a custom size for the paper.

i noticed that i get a different print window when i'm in Illustrator vs. other apps.

I noticed that as well; what you have to do is, outside of illustrator, in the WF1100 settings menu (right click on the taskbar icon-->Printer Settings), change the default size to your custom size there. Then in illustrator, when you hit print, make sure the right printer is selected, click on the size tab and scroll down to user defined. It will change to whatever you set in the printer settings menu outside of illustrator.

I can try a sheet later since I'll have to cut it from a roll.

Are you having trouble with the 11x17 size?

yep! I have 13" x 19" paper that I have used several times. Your print setup menu lets you select the size of your paper. ;)

Yes, I'm having a problem with the 11 x 17 feeding threw.

The WF 1100 only has one roller so the large papers get stuck or jam.

Were you able to test it?

Yes, I'm having a problem with the 11 x 17 feeding threw.

The WF 1100 only has one roller so the large papers get stuck or jam.

Were you able to test it?

hmm thats odd. The only time I ever had an issue was when I asked my girlfriend to load up more paper and she put way to much in haha

I only put a few pieces and left the room to do something. When I can back the printer was blinking and the paper was all crumbed.

I only put a few pieces and left the room to do something. When I can back the printer was blinking and the paper was all crumbed.

Only time I have that problem is when the side guide is a little too tight and won't let both edges of the paper sit on the bottom of the feed tray. :rolleyes:

It's says to only load 1 sheet at a time.  I have done over a hundred of them not 1 jam :rolleyes:

Well I take that back one time I left the door shut and the paper got stuck  ;):)

Yep, you want it to be just a bit loose. So the paper can lay flat and still have a tiny space between the edge of the paper and the left guide.

I've already left the front tray closed too.  :rolleyes:

I catch it in time though; the printer is right next to my desk.