tkutch

cut more than one image

I am a newbie and got my cutter yesterday.  Well I got lucky and already started printing many items.  I have MH-721.  My question is my cutter is 24" and so is my paper.  I can cut one image at a time but what if I have a bunch of words that are different lengths and I want to cutt them all at the same time.  How do I do this.  Basically have many pink boxes.  Right now I am cutting one at a time then putting the scrap vinyl back through so I dont waste it. 

Use File + Open and there is an Append check box. If it is checked, the file you select to open will be added to the file that is already open. Repeat as necessary and arrange the items to cut.

When I opened the file like you mentioned above it worked but it didnt put them in separate pink boxes.  I clicked print just to see if it worked but it only showed the first item .

Any idea?

If they are different colors, you will need to select both colors to cut. Use the Ctrl Key to select more than one color.

post-1657-12986558857957_thumb.png

I think you may be further in the explanation than I am at.  OK. I set up my work space for example...2"x6" and put the word "faith" in the 2"x6" box.  Before I cut this work I want to add another word across so I dont have 18" of blank space.  So I click file+open+append and click the word cherish.  It brings it up but not another workspace to put it.  So this is where I am stuck.

These are all items I can print one by one (already did that) but think it would be tons easier to print all at once.

So you have a saved file that is 18 x 2. It says "Cherish Life". You create a new file that is 6" x 2" and create the text "Faith". Select File + Open. (Say no to saving) Check the Append button and select the saved file. Click OK. They wind up on top of each other so set your Horizontal Nudge to 6" and select the "Cherish Life" text.  Click the right arrow to move the "Cherish Life" text off of the "Faith" text. Go to the cut window. (See Video)

http://screencast.com/t/Gx69MNXM

Jay

The cutter will only cut items that fit in the pink box "workspace area".  Make the workspace bigger, or items to cut, smaller, so they all fit in the space.

The cutter will only cut items that fit in the pink box "workspace area".  Make the workspace bigger, or items to cut, smaller, so they all fit in the space.

In the Cut Setup menu you can uncheck the "Limit to Workspace" box, then it will cut anything.

post-1657-12986558859036_thumb.png