Sign in to follow this  
DK-Freestyle

Trouble installing the Pcut Creation software

Long story short, I've been doing vinyl work for a little over 2 years now, and my main work computer finally gave out. I bought a new laptop, and now I can't get the installation software for my cutter to work on my new computer. When I connect the cables to the laptop, nothing happens. I'd usually expect to see pop ups of 'New Hardware Found', or something of that sort. Then when I put the disc in the tray, I see the box open up, that asks if I want to 'Copy Pictures to a Folder on my Computer', 'Print the Pictures', 'View Slideshow of the Images', 'Open Folder to View Images', or 'Take No Action'. I've been using my home computer for the past couple days so I can get some work done at the shop, but it's a bit of a hassle carrying it back and forth from work to the office, plugging it in and unplugging it.

Sign Blazer was installed no problem, I just can't get my cutter connected to the laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Weird, just for fun, I pressed 'cut' on SignBlazer, and my cutter started cutting... apparently you don't need to install the Pcut Software for the cutter to work.

It depends on what type of connection you are using. If you are using USB you will need to install the driver. With serial nothing is required.

Is there a way to download the software to make the USB work for a computer? I just picked up a brand new HP laptop, and it doesn't have a serial port, and if my software doesn't work again, I'd rather just download it online instead of trying to deal with the disc.

It started downloading, and all of a sudden it stopped? I tried putting the installation disc in and it didn't work.  :D

I'm hoping it's just something simple.

When I click install, a black box appears and says 'Installing Driver...' Then it says 'Driver Installation Process Complete, please press enter', and almost immediately disappears. I'm using Windows 7, that wouldn't be a problem, would it?

That's the same one Jay gave me. I've attached a screenshot, when I click 'Download' on that file, that black box pops up and says it's downloading, and closes almost immediately when that bottom 2 lines appear, I barely got the screen shot, but this is what I'm seeing.

Could I just use a serial to usb converter? Run the Serial to the cutter and the USB to my computer? Would that work, or would I still need to install the driver?

post-4742-12986558792704_thumb.png

post-4742-12986558808813_thumb.png

Turns out my settings in Sign Blazer were way off. It was set for the SumbaUSB instead of the Com3 USB,  and the Comm settings were all wrong too.

Problem solved, thanks for the help.