bearwen

Wet application fluid???

Does anyone have have a formula for making your own wet application fluid? I have read a couple of different peoples stuff here on the forum and I remember them saying something about it was messing up the stickky of the vinyl. So if you have a good formula please post it or pm me as I would like to try your formula.

Also if I am doing a graphic that requires multiple pieces that requires an overlap what is the best size overlap to use and can I lay one side down then use the wet application to slide the other half in the right place??

Thanks for all the help you guys have been so great and really got me off the ground.

Berry

To get out the cheap way I have always used six drops of liquid JOY dish washing detergent to one gallon of water. This lets you slide things around to suit your needs. If you use to much soap it is possible it may damage the adhesive.

Learn the HINGE method and that helps. Safer too.

I probably use a gallon of my own home-made app fluid per week. I bought a small 4 oz bottle of rapid-tac once to see if it worked better. It didn't. Price for it: $30 a gallon. Price for mine: about 50 cents a gallon.

400+ banners last year and not a single call back or complaint.

My recipe for one gallon:

water

5-6 drops of dishwashing liqiud ( I use dawn but almost any GOOD one will do)

1/2 cup ISOPROPYL (rubbing) alcohol to speed up the drying. You don't really need it. do NOT use denatured alcohol. It will diseolve the adhesive.

If you want to pretend that it's the store-bought stuff,add some vanilla scent or vanilla extract.

You are  pissing away your money if you buy the rapid tac or any other brand. Thats not an opinion,its based on experience.