Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Vehicle Lettering Straight

I have a big job to install tomorrow and am nervous about doing it, how do you all make sure it is straight on the vehicle? any secrets?

I have two trucks to complete letter for a landscaping company! First job on vehicle install!

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have a big job to install tomorrow and am nervous about doing it, how do you all make sure it is straight on the vehicle? any secrets?

I have two trucks to complete letter for a landscaping company! First job on vehicle install!

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated!

To be honest, i tape it on the area, then stand back and look at it. Not all vehicles you can align correctly by measuring the body lines as they sometimes angle. I do wet installs on all vehicle lettering, on windows i tend to sprit the area rather than flood it. I use rapid tac 2 which is the green fluid made for windows and cold temp

Wet installs also let you align things multiple times if needed

Standing back amd looking is a good idea

Sometmes if you have it straight it does not look right because of the body lines

I eyeball the first side then find points to use for the other side

I always try to use the same point ( letter, top, bottom) on the decal for my mesurment

Good Luck

MM64  :)

Eye balling is a great start but when you think you have it grab a level for your final adjustment.

Then tape it good and install using hinge method.