Sign in to follow this  
fcfinishes

windows force closing inkscape

I can't figure out what is going on.  I had this happen about 6 times today alone.

While I am touching up items that I want to cut, say for instance I am deleting parts of a design.  I get the windows error that inkscape has a problem and has to close.  It is getting relaly annoying since I am not smart enough to hit save after every action I do.

Any ideas would be great.

THanks

Darin

just for the h3ll of it, hit alt-ctrl-delete and pull up task manager, see how many processes you have running.....

Task manager says I have explorer,sign-cut, and inkscape running. 

I am only using around 12% of my computer. so I know its not lack of memory or computer space.

Darin

Thats the number of applications, guess i should have said to click on the processes tab or look at the bottom of taskmanager.

Sorry to it took soo long to get back on here.

It would appear that some of the images that I was using had some sort of a "kill your computer" line in the image.  When I would pull that specific line out of the image, it would shut down inkscape.

This seems to happen more than I realized.  There was a hello kitty head that I was trying to amke a sticker for my daughter and it had around 10 spots that I could not change or remove.  I actually had to use nodes to remove the lines.  I guess it is a trademark thing, but I really didn't know what it was.

I've had images crash my apps all the time, think it's just a corrupted file....