rhinoman1

New to vinyl cutting

Looking at starting a small bussiness with t-shirt and clip art cutting. Not looking to do large runs at first but do want to grow the bussiness.  Looking at a three year plan of growth.  Small steps based on money and Market.  Just wondering what type of cutter I should start with.  It seems a 24" is the best place to start.  looking at around 800$ as initial investment.  Hoping to get cutter and some T-shirt vinyl to start.  Hope You all will be able to help me and Grow along with me. In the USA State of Florida.

I just picked up a LaserPoint 24" Cutter and I think its a great entry level cutter. Unfortunately I heard they are phasing this model out so I am not sure how long there will be support for this particular unit. But none the less there is a section dedicated to it here on this forum. I am new to cutting myself and am excited about all of the new projects that I am now able to undertake. If you are going to be printing yourself, you might want to get something with contour cutting like my LaserPoint. I have heard nothing but good things about Graphtec, and Rollands if you have a couple extra dollars.

Remember though that you are going to need money for heat press vinyl and blank shirts.

Good Luck...  Bill

Thank you living.  I have read many t-shirt forums and many reviews about the graphtec and rolands.  I know they are very good cutters.  That is my goal.  My Start up cost is right at 800 and that will have to get me some vinyl as well. I already do sublimation and transfer printing so I have t-shirts already.  I would prefer to do some smaller runs of some t-shirts to start and proceed from there.  I have a few jobs lined up now but need to get the vinyl cutter.