JP Auto N Design

tracking has become AWFUL

Hey All,

I think i've read mostly every topic on these boards now (even copam tracking posts). Feed rollers are clean, plenty of slack off vinyl roll (oracal 651), speed at 10 on long cuts. The only thing i havent tried was the longer screws in the pinch rollers that was suggested. The thing used to track great (8 feet plus) but now it is running off the rollers at 4 feet. The strange thing is, it will track straight as an arrow for the first 2-2 1/2 feet when i manually feed the vinyl thru then it slowly starts to go crooked. Then when i start to cut, the tracking becomes 10 times worse and almost instant that it becomes WAY off line. I know i saw a post saying that the pressure on each roller must be dead on to each other. Is there a good starting point to achieve this, like the old carburetor air/fuel screws adjusment-both all the way in then back out 1 1/2 turns. I've been turning each one on 1/4 increments with no success. Any advice on this would be great....Thank you.

Fill out a service ticket order and hopefully you wont have to wait over a weekl like I did. (and still no resolution)

I have had a problem with the pinch roller since I got my machine this summer, it was missing one of the springs on the pinch roller, I went to us cutter woodenville WA. 3 times, the first time the us cutter man said to come that day and get a spring (he said he will take it off an old roller assembly), I went and he was gone before closing, no one could help me, I showed them my service ticket and an e mail from the Man.  I went back the second time and no one could figure out the advanced procedure for removing a spring from a used pinch roller assembly. I made contact on the phone and conveyed my problem with them, they advised me in an e mail to simply bring in the pinch roller assembly and they would give me a new one. I did not read the part of the e mail that said to bring the pinch roller and went for my third trip, when I arived they told me I did not bring my roller assembly and could not help me.

I explained that this was my third trip, evedently this an extra-advanced procedure to remove the spring and again I went home empty handed.

Fast forward to a week ago Friday, I filled out a service ticked and stated I am having a problem with my machine tracking and wrote I want to bring the machine and leave it with them to make sure it works, they e mailed me back after a few days and said the machine wont track past 6', I replied I could not get it track past 5' and reminded them I want to take my machine to them, I have not heard back and have not been allowed to take them my POS.

Ok, thank you for the advice. I've been actually throwin around the idea of a Graphtec and using the copam as a backup for smaller decals. Just out of curiosity Dakota, what sold you on the Graphtec as opposed to the Roland (gx24?) which is fairly close in price. It just seems with some of the designs i'm cuttin with the copam, i may be expectin too much out of it .  Either way tho, id still like to resolve the issue with the tracking,Thanks again guys.

I have an easier time getting the super small stuff to cut correctly on the graphtecs.  the Roland was nice and robust but I never got the small stuff dialed in quite as nice as the Graphtec.  to my amazement one of the best I have had is an old fc4100 graphtec. I cut as good or better than my current favorite. so when I upgrade again it will probably be to a newer fc series.  in the mean time the Ce5000-60 keeps chugging along putting out great work.

Is it possible that the main (bottom, "drive") roller became defective or gunked up with debris on either end? Or if that's not the case, try checking for straightness by comparing at the gap along the running edge or in the case of my CR6300 either side of the center drive. You could also try removing and switching the top roller assemblies around, example: 1-2-3, 1-3-2, 2-1-3 etc.