brice

MH 721 Refine cutter not behaving with Windows 7

Vinyl cutter model - Refine MH 721

Date purchased (Date is best, otherwise month and year) - July, 2010

Connection method (USB, serial, Parallel) - Currently USB

Software (Signcut, Artcut, Flexi, etc) SignCut Pro

Operating system Windows 7 (32 bit home)

Every time I cut I have to unplug the USB cable and replug before the cutter will start. In addition, the cutter will, occasionally just go berserk and keep printing even if the USB cable is ubplugged. In other words, I send a job, it's printed, and then the printer will then start printing a second copy without being instructed. It will also just start making random cuts in the middle of a job.

Will I find communication more consistent if I switch to the USB to serial adapter. If I switch to this option, what driver do I need? Is it's the FDTI driver? Replacing the USB driver?

Need some advice here. I need this to behave consistently.

Brice

Since this post has not had any response in the hours it has been posted .. I have read the same problem & the tips to resolve it . I can't remember what they are, but you might be able to find them by searching . The search function is not the easiest search I have used , but available . Some get tired of answering the same questions & don't reply or like me , can't remember the solution . Seems the memory capacity is part of the problem & upgrading the memory helps .

If you're losing USB connectivity. You're not getting enough power from your port. Try an external powered USB hub

Or if it's an option, try using serial connection instead. Haven't had an issue since I switched from USB to Serial connection.