Sign in to follow this  
SmallSigns

This should be fun

It should be fun for the next few days -- with all the clouds and rain my internet connections keeps dropping. I am using an RF wireless system here in SoCal -- I have a dish (think Direct TV type dish) with a radio receiver mounted on it receiving a signal from an antenna on one of the surrounding hillsides.

The real kicker is the hillside antenna uses a solar charged battery system to operate - normally that is not a problem here in sunny SoCal, but with all this weather we got coming.... The system has already been down twice today -- this morning for about 2 hours while he went up and charged the batteries and just a little bit ago while he changed the batteries. Looks as though he will have to go up there a few times a week to change (or charge) the batteries to keep things up and running. 

The really nice part is I have the guys cell number so anytime it is acting up I just call him and he gets right on it.

Time for the internet yo-yo  :woohoo:

I'm just glad I don't live in Yolo County(west of Sacramento) no more! This is flood season and I don't have to go capture footage!!!  :woohoo:

I guess they are REALLY getting pounded up there -- glad I'm down here in Palmdale!  :woohoo:

I am glad to have comcast high speed, no problems yet. I hope the rain blows over for you soon.