gr203

Flexi Starter with a US cutter.

I need a quick answer, figured i might get one here faster.

Just bought flexistarter 8.5 for mac.. running it on OX 10.5... with a US cutter MH-721

Got it all installed, I go to the "production manager" to try to cut.. and it wants me to select my cutter.. there is no US cutter on the list.. and I can't find anything online.. does anyonw know where to get the drivers for this?! I can't find it for mac.

I also read somewhere on here that if you bought it from uscutter it should have it on there.. well us cutter doesn't sell it anymore and i bought it from seikitech.com.. whoever said that also said it's usually branded from where its sold.. does this mean i'm screwed since it's not already on there?

Any help would be nice as I'm tight on time, thanks!

Any clue how to change it once you've chosen one? I found drivers for us cutter.. and they work but there seems to be a connection issue and I'm thinking i might need to serial converter thing, but before ordering one I figured I'd try the roland settings to see if it will cut my image completely not just a couple inches but can't seem to find a way to change or add another cutter. thanks!

Go into the job manager and delete the existing set up, it will again ask for plotter/set up info when you "add" a plotter.

About now is when you'll begin to have issues with static which is what causes the plotter to slash across your project. Get a can of Static Guard and spray your vinyl lightly before use or shove a dryer sheet into the roll while cutting from it.

The best way however is to properly ground the plotter with a length of copper wire to a good ground point or a static killer mat. I just go the Static Guard route since it only effects me during the "slow" months.

Make sure you're not using a USB hub as these things have a major issue with keeping your device in the assigned COM Port.

Make sure your plotter and computer are on the same COM Port, I like #6 as this reduces potential device conflicts that come with using COM Port 2 which is the most popular for plug and play devices.

RG