Sign in to follow this  
nav255

MH1351 roller bars roll but vinyl stays in place

I just purchased a MH1351 - it worked great for the past 2 days...and about 20 decals.  Now, one of two things happen.  Either the vinyl does not advance at all (and the roller bars keep moving) or it will start cutting but then get stuck for a second and move on...stuck...move on.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Some basic things that might be the problem ... Do you have plenty of vinyl unrolled so that the roller does not have to pull that much weight ( especially at the faster speeds ) ? It is best to unroll more vinyl than what the job takes . After loading/pinching the vinyl I roll up the vinyl roll & let it settle back into the rack to align it with what is clamped , then I unroll a good bit more than how much it going to be cut . You might want to look at the belt in case it got damaged or stretched .

Thanks so much for your super quick response!

I did try unrolling the vinyl and that didn't work.  I am only using a 24" roll at this point...and that worked fine for the first 20 or so.  It is small lettering that I am doing so I slowed down the speed.

How do I check the belt - so sorry...I am very new!

Thanks so much!

I have a Copam & have not adjusted the belt yet . I can see the belt by taking off a cover on the left side . Since USCutter is on the west coast , you might be able to contact tech support now if you are a couple time zones east of them . Sounds like it is going to be a loose or damaged belt at least .

YW ( insert thumbs up icon ;D )